Pad disposal

I buy a roll of the smallest trash bags and each change goes into one then I tie them shut and throw into a large trash bag with all the other trash from the house. I also use the grocery store bags when they dont have holes in them. The trash bags are sometimes scented I think it helps too.

I have a dekor diaper pail in the main living area (I live in a studio) and a akord diaper pail (that has a broken top flap but still has a lid) in the bathroom that I use for cat litter and sometimes diapers.

I keep air sealed dog food containers in the bedroom. One is for my pull-up and pads. The other is for bedding that’s wet until I can wash it, to keep the smell down.

I start with a thin plastic bag, wrap that in tinfoil (in the summer) and then a heftier bag, into which I sprinkle a bit of deodorizing powder. That goes into a larger green garbage bag with the rest of the house trash. The problem for me is that here in Ottawa, they only pick up the garbage every second week.

Before putting them in plastic grocery bags, I spray them with myers disifecting spray or poo pourri. Than at end of day i put in trash. Im not a big leaker now

Hi @digouro, I just use the white plastic medium garbage bags from Dollar General. It's only a buck for 16 bags. Then I put it out in the weekly trash. Once in a great whole I'd use a grocery store bag but the garbage bags aren't quite as flimsy and can hold more.
And by the way, welcome! :D This is a pretty cool forum and we are focused on helping each other through thick and thin! So whenever you have a question or a comment, you will have plenty of good responses.

I use baby powder sented diaper disposal bags. I get them on ebay.
37dcb2189a02dc37c70869063446eeb4.jpg

My daughter is still in diapers so I just roll mine up and toss them in the diaper pail. We take the diaper pail bag out to the trash every other morning since it fills up so fast with all her diapers and my giant man diapers lol.

Away from home I roll them up and toss them in the public restroom trash can.

Yeah the sassy bag work good. The last time I ordered I believe I bought around 1200 for roughly $45.00 or so. I live in an apartment. I just bag them up and in the morning I just toss them in the dumpster on the way out going to work.

Interesting. A little history here. I never thought about a diaper pail for throw away diapers.

In the 1960s I had cloth diapers (which were fastened on with large diaper pins) for all four of my babies. After a diaper was soiled I rinsed it out in the sink or toilet and put it in the diaper pail which was filled halfway with water. There was very little odor with the lid on. When the pail filled up usually after 2-3 days I put them in the washing machine. I didn't have a dryer until several months later.

I loved hanging the diapers on the clothesline, bringing them in and folding them. They always had such a fresh fragrance from the outdoors. Really the only drawback was that we had to use plastic panties over the diapers or someone or something got drenched!

The first time I ever used disposable diapers was in 1967 when our family of six went on our first vacation. The only size available was large and our baby was very small. I never used disposables again until 2002 when Bill and I started raising our last grandchild. Then when he was six months old we got disposable diapers for him to wear in his (grand)mom-and-tot swimming lessons. Imagine! Disposable diapers for water!

We 21st century people don't know how fortunate we are today to have all the "niceties" available to us. It makes having medical misfortunes a bit more tolerable. My grandmother used rags.

Hope you don't mind me sharing.

Its something I never really thought about but I guess would help a lot. Does anyone know of any that kind of nullifies the smelll instead of replacing it with a flavor like lemon or something?