Oxybutinin for Stress Incontinence

@snow how good! The dry mouth thing well and truly set in on day 2, to the point where I panicked and skipped a couple of doses. After being “rewarded” with immediately worse leakage I’ve started it again. Did you find that the dry mouth was worse to begin with, or did it stay the same for you?

@Rowan123 I was on a huge dose - 30mg/day. The Mac is supposed to be 10mg. So my doctor over prescribed it. Now at most, I take 10mg.

I know, it’s so tempting to take no matter what. I’m glad you’ve found something that can really help you.

@Rowan123 Also, I take other meds (antidepressants) that cause dry mouth. So I was really piling the drought on my mouth. I think you’ll be okay if you drink a little more water throughout the day. Try to be extra diligent about brushing and flossing, and make sure to go to the dentist at least twice a year. I now go 4x a year. And definitely go to bed with a clean mouth. I broke some of those rules myself because I was so depressed about my bladder, I had a hard time doing anything for a couple of years.