Other Conditions

ltapilot

Lots of us have multiple medical conditions, not just whatever is causing our incontinence. I have liver disease that's severe enough that I'm listed for a transplant, I've had my entire colon and rectum removed due to cancer risk and have an ileostomy, I struggle with depression, and I have chronic bladder pain and incontinence.

I don't like any of my problems, but if I had to rank them I'd say that depression is the worst, followed by liver disease, followed by incontinence, with my ileostomy being the least bad of the lot. From what I've seen with others that have some of the conditions I have, though, I think many people would rank them differently. For instance, I've met several other ostomy patients who have said that they wished they'd died in surgery rather than waking up with an ostomy, but I don't view mine as really being all that big a deal.

What other conditions do you struggle with, and how would you rank your health problems?

I had an ileostomy for over a year. I was in such pain all the time that I finally got it un-done. At one point my skin was gray from how bad my body was doing. I could not get the output right and could not eat things my body needed.

I would say that my hospital issue then spasms are the worst thing I deal with. Some days are better than others but most just suck.

I remember how sick you were when you had your ileostomy. That was pretty scary to read about - I can only imagine how it must have been to live through it!

I definitely relate to this. I have complex regional pain syndrome, HS (an autoimmune thing where I get abscesses all over my body), I'm an amputee and a wheelchair user and a bunch of other crap. Its all worse than my incontinence.

Sometimes I feel like I will the worst lottery in the world to end up with all these health issues. I know that many people have it worse, but so many people have such an easy time with their health and just take it for granted.