Opinions on tena for men pullups

Archives1

Staff member
Got word from my supplier that the pullup I've been using is discontinued.
I have ordered Tena for men super plus absorbency pullups.
I use pullups only during the day. Diapers at night.
Anyone have experience with these pullups good, bad, whatever?

I haven't found a pullup that works for me and every Tena product I have ever tried has been a failure so I would not be a good one to suggest any of their products

Hi Tim,

I have used both Tena and Depend pull ups and found Depend much better. By far the most inexpensive way I have found to buy them is at Cosco. Also, I use Depend Guards as a boster pad during the day. They are usually on sale at Walgreens. A word of caution on the booster pads. They use an insanely agressive adhesive on the pads. If you try to peal one off to replace it during the day, you will find they rip off the delicate membrane on the pull ups allowing the absobant material to spill out down your leg.

A simple solution to their stupid mistake is to peal off only about 1/2" or so of the barrier strip at each end. That litt amount of exposed adhesive is enought to keep it in place and you can easily peal it off to replace the booster pad.

Hope this helps.

Leaky Guy

The Tena products I have tried have been o.k. I have even bought the Tena Intimate Overnight Underwear off the shelves at Walmart thinking they were unisex instead of women's. They still worked pretty good though when I tried them.

I have used Tena pullups for men a couple-three years ago that were samples. I was not impressed. The big thing I found off-putting was the design. They pullups were white but they had rather big vertical stripes which to me looked very gaudy and really served no purpose. I just didn't like the way they looked but that is my own opinion. The next guy over may think they look great but to each his own.
Also I recall I wasn't too impressed with their absorbency or their overall comfort. I remember I couldn't wait to get them off!!! But since no two people like the same exact products you may think they are great!!! But the only way to know for sure is to try them!

I agree the stripes were very gaudy and if I remember correctly they didn't have leak guards and as far as the Depend is concerned I was recently sent a Depends sample and I know for a fact they didn't have leak guards I cannot believe a big National brand like Depends doesn't have leak guards when I have seen generic and store brands that have leak guards which is as the name implies an essential way to help prevent leaks

billliveshere said:
I have used Tena pullups for men a couple-three years ago that were samples. I was not impressed. The big thing I found off-putting was the design. They pullups were white but they had rather big vertical stripes which to me looked very gaudy and really served no purpose. I just didn't like the way they looked but that is my own opinion. The next guy over may think they look great but to each his own.
Also I recall I wasn't too impressed with their absorbency or their overall comfort. I remember I couldn't wait to get them off!!! But since no two people like the same exact products you may think they are great!!! But the only way to know for sure is to try them!

When Walgreen's discontinued them, I hit all the stores in the area, got them for $1 a package. I wore them for a while but didn't like how the leg bands didn't stay tight.

I gave a bunch to the thrift store.

The stripes were kind of odd. like, why are they there? what it sthe purpose. It's the same way I feel about depends for men, why are they's grey?

I guess, @Ozsrkmtn, it's so they look more masculine and men would find them more appealing??? But the Tena stripes???? No, no, no, no!!! And I'm not the world's biggest fan of the Depend gray, either!
It would seem to be cheaper to make them in basic white and pass the savings onto the consumer! Like that's gonna happen????

That's what I was gonna say! The Tena's have stripes to look more masculine. Same way with the grey of the Depends. I would rather have a plain white pull up myself.

I think Tenas are the very worst. Depends “Night Defense” pull-ups absolutely have leak guards as do their “Silhouttes.”

I have used them several years ago, cant remember why now. I used what I purchased but didnt buy more of the same. It seems they would sag too easily when wet. I thought the stripes was an attempt to make them look more like regular underwear, but I dont remember ever seeing underwear with stripes going in that direction. I also tried the Tena boxers. I did like the way they looked but they didnt work for me. It also had a wierd sagging issue when wet that couldnt be solved by wearing underwear over them. I did use some of the Tena pads that was very large for a while as I was traveling a lot and trying to find ways to cope.

I used them when I had a UTI a couple of months ago, so for lots of small voids. I found that the front was unnecessarily bulky high up, and that the rear was super saggy even when dry and pulled up as high as possible. The elastic waistband was oddly frilly and I didn’t really find them discrete at all. I had a different experience with the Tena active fit pull ups, however, they are less absorbent so I had to change every 90 mins or so to avoid leaks. I’d only really recommend the active fit where you need to sacrifice absorbency for discretion.

I've still got a case of the stripped Tena for Men pull-ups and I find they are a good bit better capacity wise than most of the regular store brand pull-ups. They will reliably take one or two of my small 250mL voids without leaking. It's true that they do tend to sag and that's why I always wear a granny panty over them and the panty can absorb a tiny leak if one does get by the Tena, which does happen from time to time since, as previously mentioned, they don't have leak guards. Make no mistake, these aren't even in the ballpark with premium pull-ups like Abena Abri-flex, Molicare Mobile, or Northshore's pull-up. As for the strips, yeah I could do without them and would like the newer gray ones better, but when I wear the panty over them they just look white with a dark waistband. I think the idea behind using all gray is so that the "pad" doesn't show up as an obviously large white spot making it look like a diaper.

The new overnight Tena underwear work pretty well during day at home. I don’t trust any pull ups when out of the house.

Thanks for all the replies. This is going to be long sorry in advance.

Over the last month I have been on the hunt for a replacement pullup to wear during the day.
I was using Prevail underwear for men in overnight capacity. (I wear pullups during the daytime, or awake hours) 1st quality discontinued the men's specific overnight and were recommending the unisex overnight as a replacement. I was trying to stay away from unisex only because I feel they have more padding in the back than what I need. Men's only products seem to move the absorbent pad forward and not so high up in the rear. I do use Abena Level 4 pullup if I am traveling or know there is a probability of not being close enough to a rest room. They work very well but again a lot of padding in the rear.

Here's what I tried and where I landed.
Start with Tena- According to the chart my size should have been Med/large. They were to tight and if I had a complete release they leaked. the grey stripes didn't bother me. I spoke with tena about moving to the XL. I was hoping not only for a "looser" fit but I thought if there were more width/padding in between my legs #1 The "trough" would be deeper and #2 there would be more absorbent material. She said if they were wider it would not be by much. Moved on.

Prevail--Perfit for men. Blue in color, kinda liked that, but, to light in absorbency.Moved on.
Prevail--Mens daily underwear. White in color. To me they were the same as Perfits just in white. Not absorbent enough for my needs. Moved on.

Because---Heard radio advertisement and figured I'd look into them. Went through their online questions which recommended a product I should try. For me ended up being Mens premium overnight. Sent 10 Samples! (it should be noted when you request the samples you tell them what QTY and frequency you want your product delivered. They will automatically bill your card and ship the Qty you have selected after 15days unless you reach out to them to change products or cancel) I have let the auto order fulfillment run. Very please with these. White in color. Standing leak guards. Soft outside, fit well, did not leak for me while using "normally". I would guess if I had 2 complete releases they would have leaked but not with a day's dribbles, "squirts", and (1) complete release. It should be noted with all these products most of my issues are while standing and sometimes sitting. Did not try any of these lying down.

I have some prevails left over from last order then will transition to Because. Based off my experience with the 10 samples I believe they are going to work.
They are reasonably priced about $.95 each when including handling fees.

@Tim Glad you managed to find products that work for you!

Tena was my go to brand before my issues worsened due to them being the main brand over here in the UK (kind of like it seems Depend is in the US). I found the men's pullups to be a good solution for after dribble and liked that they had a lot of padding at the front but not at the rear which made them more discreet whilst still offering a decent amount of protection. I also used them at night as I used to get up multiple times in the night and they'd stop any drips going on my bed.

I stopped using them exclusively due to the fact changing pullups when out and about became a real pain and would use a pullup for work and then change into a Tena Slip (i.e. a nappy/diaper) when I would go on elsewhere. Then my IBS worsened so wanted the coverage at the back for peace of mind and ultimately just figured it was cheaper to buy the Slips in bulk.

I'd say Tena products are fine for mild issues but gave up when mine got worse as even the Ultima capacity Slips weren't cutting it. Was hoping I could go back to the cloth backed Ultima Slips after a recent temporary improvement but it wasn't to be.

Since my issues have gotten worse, I haven't found any pullups contain leaks. The online grocery store I use sells the Depend Overnight ones and thought I'd use them round the house to save on having to wait in for a big delivery from my main supplier as often but they would leak all the time.