One of those days……

Archives1

Staff member
Woke up late. Leg hurt. Walked to the bus stop to go meet a friend for coffee and my new shoes hurt so bad I had to hobble back home and change shoes. All the sudden felt a bowel movement come on. Barely got to the bathroom (I guess the good part of my day is that I did). Had to change diapers because that one was torn to hell from me trying to get it off. Missed my bus. Called an Uber and the driver was playing obnoxious music. Had coffee. Went fine. Was walking to the bus to go home and I tripped and fell on my face. Now my wrists are so sore I’m gonna have to have my aide change me. Ugh. What a day! Can’t wait for it to be over.

What an awful day ej. Did somebody help you up from your fall? It's great that all that happened didn't stop you from having coffee with your friend. You have an indomitable spirit.

I'm sorry to hear that! I hate tripping and stumbling and I try to avoid it as much as possible! At least your coffee with your friend went well and hopefully that was worth going to all that trouble to get to!!! Did your wrists get sore from trying to break the fall??? I hope they'll be better sooner than you expect. But as I write this the day is almost over for all intents and purposes!!! Hang in there and keep on proceeding with your head held high! You're doing fine on that score!!!
And having new shoes that hurt is the worst!!! Maybe that's why sneakers are my preferred footwear by far!!!

billiveshere - my preferred footwear is none!I do wear socks in the colder months and if I HAVE to wear shoes somewhere I wear my Clark sandals or old Clark loafers with duct tape wrapped around the toes, because I garden in them and wear out the toe area! Practicality, comfort and function have been my bywords through the last 30 years of my life. I used to wear high heels and carry a medium-size purse with a long strap. But as my back pain increased I gave up the heels and purse and began just carrying a billfold. Sneakers with or without socks made my feet sweat so bad that I had to give them up too. Same thing with hats. After just a few minutes of having my head covered I would have sweat rolling down my face and neck like as if I'd had a shower! I inherited this trait from my father and his mother! And we each had our skin cancers. My dad's paternal grandmother, my great-grandmother, also went barefoot all the time unless she was at church or dressing up for Saturday night downtown in Burden, Kanasa. It helps to know your ancestors so you know what you might expect. I know too that ruling out any accident, I'll probably die of old age, stroke or heart problem before I reach 97!

It's good you didn't break your wrists ej. You've got enough to deal with already.

I'd go barefoot except you'd never know what's lying on the ground for you to step on!!! Getting bitten by a coral🐍 snake (that emoji is not a coral snake but it's the only snake I have!!) is NOT on my bucket list!!! Now that worry aside, going barefoot would be the supreme comfort!!!I do like socks, though. And I'll have to remember about the duct tape wrapped around sneakers!! I wear flip-flops exclusively in the house and they've been known to be wrapped in scotch tape and whatever other tape just happens to be handy!!! I think your bywords of comfort, practicality and function are really words to live by! After all, someone like me puts a lot of mileage into feet so why should they be uncomfortable??? After all, who really looks at your feet anyway!!!😜😜😜

Actually taking Physical Therapy for balance. It actually seems to be helping. Fallen more this year than the previous 3 combined. And that, of course, causes IC. In self-defense, been walking slow and trying to walk without sutmbling. My work boots (8 inches, steeltoed), (thicker & stiffer leather) seem to give me better stability, my 6 inch hikers are better than regualr shoes, on rough gruond. Maybe it's the ankle-support? The extra weight seems to hep me remember to lift my feet, not drag 'em.
But when been onfeet too long, it hardly matters - hard to concentrate on walking roght when the feethurt so much.
Diabetics don't/shuldn't go without shoes or slippers. At least in Alaksa, no snakes. No allygators, either.
Billliveshere: what's that neumonic for telling the difference between a coral snake and the harmless one that looks like it?I forget. You can aford to forget where I live....

Here in Central Florida we have quite a few Coral Snakes, most everyone down here knows how the rhyme goes, 'Red touching black, safe for Jack. Red touching yellow, kill a fellow'.

A bit easier thing to remember is if the nose is black it's a Coral Snake.

Well it's true that you don't have to lose any sleep over coral snakes if you live in Alaska!! Red on yellow will kill a fellow, red on black OK for Jack is how I learned that rhyme. When I'm out and encounter such a snake, I say the rhyme that way and so far it's worked!!! At that point, I really don't pay attention to the nose, and even if the snake is positioned so I could see the nose, I could see myself saying, "OK? A black nose is.....what now? Or is it a red nose that's OK? Whatever!" The harmless similar snake is a king snake. I have seen more of the coral snakes around here than the king snakes.