Nightmare in this homeless hostel

Archives1

Staff member
Hello there all ive been moved out of london and placed into a hostel for homeless people like me i lost my baby and split up with my boyfriend iam finding it so hard to deal with dealing with homeless loseing baby and dealing with my incontinence and bed wetting i just feel like giving up i been getting out of my head on weed to help me cope this place is in the middle of nowhere no places to go doctors seem to me not to care all they do is give me anti depression tablets and tablets for my bladder which doesn't work

We are all here for you, please lean on us, maybe someone can sound off from there and give you some ideas, to help you feel better

@joanne777 Sorry to hear the sad news, just hold on and let time help you to cope with your problems. You are experiencing a tough time all at once and you need to be alone for a while. I pray for you to have courage to face this promlems.

Take care
TP

Don't know hardly anything about your National Health. Is there access to the equivilant to Social Services? Is there a Hotline or more than one? For example, U.S. has a free (Non-governmental) Suicide Hotline with a free nationwide phone number. Some cities/towns have local help/numbers. They usually can refer you to resources.
Sometimes there are volunteer organizations with the ability to refer.
Any chance of getting to a homeless shelter somewhere else? Where you are really makes a difference in USA, as some communities care, and some only care about not spending money on anyone except themselves.
Any access to local library? Not sure if they have internet access, there. They can sometimes help research to find support groups, or help, that are hard to figure out on the Internet. Might depend on the individual librarian, so come back on someone else's shift if one doesn't work out.
If you've been down these roads, sorry. Trying to help long distance, let you know you aren't alone. Hope you can get time and access. There may be more suggestions, ideas on this site. Lots of US medical types are kinda useless for incontinance issues, too. We suspect it's because they don't have answers and can't admit it.
Please keep looking and asking.

Hi Joanne,
Praying for you, your situation, and your baby. Will PM you. Fight the good fight. You can get through this.

Hugs,
Jim in MD

Hi all thank you all for your kind words I saw my mental health worker yesterday and went for a walk iam feeling a bit better now she's takeing me to see my doctor in a few days so I can maybe get some other tablets to help with my depression and anxiety stress and I got to go back to collselling as for my water works I have to see what the doctor gives me thanks once again I will post a update thanks all the best joanne

1c6bccab7413ae5f7bff850e1c9c636d.jpg

I think it would be best to give up the weed. District nurses have helped me deal with incontinence. Anti-depressants did not work for me either. Is there anyone at the hostel who you get on with and who makes an effort to understand your situation? Good luck, Barry

Hey Girl, ive never stopped thinking of you. Hang in there, keep in touch. There will be better days Joanne, there will be better days.

Hi Joanne I'm so pleased your feeling a bit better the photos you have taken look nice and peaceful if that's your happy place go there every time you feel depressed or anxious.

Steve

Doctor wants me to go back to the care of the mental health team after Christmas as I need it to try and sort my mind and problems out she said I may have to go into hospital so they can help me and sort out my treatment plan and tablets when I said I don't want to go in to hospital she said if I don't go she will get them to take me in under the mental health act as I need the help of a hospital she also said I need help to stop drug takeing and my self harming to myself I asked her about my incontinence and bed wetting she said for now she's not too worried about that and wants me to stay on the tablets I am on and just wear nappies /dippers she wants to help my mental health out first I really hate being out in the country side there's nothing to do

Hi Joanne,

It looks like you need to pause and consider a few steps to get back on track.

First of all, stop the weed. It ruins lives and costs money which could be better spent on other things.

You could try to see a practice nurse at your GP surgery. Some of them are good at advising on inconinence. If you get one who isn't, see whether you can get another one.

Those who run your hostel will have experience of your kinds of problems and will have contacts in other organisations which can help. Can you find someone at the hostel who will spend a little time with you to advise? If that doesn't work, you could try the social services department of your local council. They will probably have a social worker who can help.

Best wishes, Barry.

The staff are very good at the hostel and some of the other people who live here too are ok we all got different problems going on some pictures I took last night I hate being told to go a bed at 10pm and being given my tablets by the staff as they don't trust me and them always checking on me and checking the bed each morning to see if I've wet my bedding makes one feel like a kid I hate sharing the room with others