Night time frequency

Archives1

Staff member
Good afternoon. Just wondering if my brothers and sisters who have issues wetting the bed would share--

1) how many nights do you wet

2) type of protection

3) would you use medicine to control even though you would never be totally dry.

I will share my circumstances. I began wetting almost two years ago. Initially 4 or so nights wet a week. Now I am dry one night out of 14 with an occasional run of 3 or 4 nights dry but not often.

For protection I have found abena xplus with Gary active wear an effective combination.

I tried a number of drug treatments and discovered they were more bothersome with side effects and only reduced frequency but no absolute solution. I prefer diapers

I guess another concern i have is wheter the night time inconvenience will eventually translate into daytime issues. Your thoughts?

Thanks

I never wet the bed. (Very occasionally a few drips). I wake up bc I feel the need to go. I wear no protection at night at all. I usually drip along the way to the bathroom - sometimes I even gush. I am not interested in using medication. I still would choose wearing little or nothing with the hazards over bundling myself up like that. That would drive me crazy. My incontinence and frequency is every night about 3 to 5 times a night. If i ever start wetting, I will probably use a pad on the bed. And if I have to mop up a pee trail, so be it.

I,am older than you started wetting the bed a few yrs ago.I tried a med it made me sick so now just wear diapers due to being a diabetic usually wet every night and some during the day but better than wet pants.

Fluid intake from 6PM onward dictates how many wetting episodes I will have, and just how dehydrated do I want to get to avoid being wet, since due to a back injury I get no warning of. Limiting fluids will leave me with normally one episode, that I can tell, but staying hydrated with normal intake will produce 3-4 episodes that I can tell, so I wear accordingly. Never bothered with meds, they would be of no assistance to me with the nerve damage, and the side effects are worse then being diapered, or using a condom catheter.

I'm wet every night. Most of the time I'm ok by morning wearing the same diaper without having to change during the night. There are some nights I have to change into a fresh diaper two or three times. Every once in a while I sleep right through and wake up to a flooded diaper that leaked. Most nights I wear Dry 24/7. I switch it up once in a while with Rearz or a few others that I have on hand. During the day I wear diapers also. My doc has tried many meds on me with no or little action. Diapers are my choice to help my problem.

I usually wet a small amount most nights, but will have nights I absolutely drench myself. I tend to use abena x plus just in case. My bad nights tend to cluster, but will also randomly pop up about once s week. Exhaustion and stress definitely play a factor in it.

to me it seems so strange that i don’t wet in bed. does anyone have any thoughts on this? once i stand is when the trouble starts. i feel the sensation while lying down like i haven’t gone in many hours even if i did an hour or 2 earlier, but nothing escapes until i stand. i do feel as if my muscles are slowly getting less and less effective. maybe my conditions will worsen over time. kind of dreading that.

I can relate to waking up as I start to empty bladder. Many times I have run into restroom at night wetting in diaper all the way and when getting there couldn't stop flow enough to lower diaper and wet without spraying walls and floor. Even in morning if I get up with alarm and need restroom I can successfully get there but end up finishing with significant event in diaper over 30-45 mins after rising. I just don't understand it.

Any way, thanks for all of your comments and help with this. Nice to be able to talk.

I keep a small towel next to my pillow. If I wake during the night and have to go, I take the towel with me and use it if I begin to go. Avoids a urine path to the toilet.