New

I’ve been wearing the tabbed briefs at night and then the depend real fit pull up during day. I’ve accepted my situation it’s just I’m so young and the docs still aren’t sure what the cause is. They want me to in to have another cystoscopy done.

@jl888 If you need to talk/vent, we all are here. Some folks know more than I do, and they have helped me. I am actually anxious about my cystoscopy because I never had one yet.

The cystoscopy is a procedure where they insert a tube with a tiny camera in your urethra. They numb the tip of your penis. Then they look inside your bladder to check on any abnormalities. They then fill your bladder with a saline solution similar to urine. Slightly uncomfortable, but not painful. Then they empty your bladder. The procedure takes about 5-10 minutes. Little or no side effects. You may pee a little blood for a day, that's all. They should give you one antibiotic pill as a precaution for infection.

artiejr said:
The cystoscopy is a procedure where they insert a tube with a tiny camera in your urethra. They numb the tip of your penis. Then they look inside your bladder to check on any abnormalities. They then fill your bladder with a saline solution similar to urine. Slightly uncomfortable, but not painful. Then they empty your bladder. The procedure takes about 5-10 minutes. Little or no side effects. You may pee a little blood for a day, that's all. They should give you one antibiotic pill as a precaution for infection.

Thanks for being so explanatory. It helps me know what to expect... #anxiety

My bedwetting returned in the early 80's. Depends was the only one available then which is what I used. Shortly thereafter, Attends came out. At that time, both were top notch products. After a while, many other brands came out which were much better.
Since I only bedwet, I switched to cloth diapers and plastic pants in the mid 80's, and have been using this way since, except when I go on vacation,which then I use disposable diapers.

Welcome to the forum. There are a few younger people getting around this forum and I am one of them. Started off with bedwetting, then later developed mixed incontinence (stress/urge). Have tried medications which were great initially but couldn’t cope with some of the side effects so now manage with a range of products. I’ve received a lot of great advice and support from this forum and I think you will too!

Rowan123 said:
Welcome to the forum. There are a few younger people getting around this forum and I am one of them. Started off with bedwetting, then later developed mixed incontinence (stress/urge). Have tried medications which were great initially but couldn’t cope with some of the side effects so now manage with a range of products. I’ve received a lot of great advice and support from this forum and I think you will too!

How many medications were you prescribed? I am on my second medication, and still having symptoms... This one is supposed to be a "tie me over" until I have my cystoscopy, and it sure is not tying me over.

MAM said:
Rowan123 said:

How many medications were you prescribed? I am on my second medication, and still having symptoms... This one is supposed to be a "tie me over" until I have my cystoscopy, and it sure is not tying me over.

The doctor prescribed me two medications, Tamusolin and Ciallis.

I was on Tamosolin, with no help. I am now on Ditropan, and it is not really the outcome I hoped for. It prolongs the time between spasms but the spasms are unbelievably uncomfortable. I guess I am not overfilling my diaper though, which is a good thing…

(I think you meant to say Tamsulosin?)

I have been on it for about 7 years.

Be aware of the side effects; especially "floppy iris syndrome". I discovered this risk while researching cataract eye surgery. The risk never goes away, even if you stopped taking it years ago.

Here's one place to look:

But also look up cataract surgery to learn about "floppy iris syndrome".

jl888 said:
Before Ditropan were you filling a diaper or pull up?

Sometimes, when the spasms did not stop. Other times, I would only get a partial void.

Although, something to mention... actually right before I saw this comment, I was changing out of a soaked heavy absorption diaper... I am a little choked up.

I am sorry, I had to change my depends today in public. Found a one person restroom at CVS and had the brief rolled up in my pocket

@jl888 Hi, I just saw you replied to me. To be honest, I didn't know there was a name for anything. I just knew pretty much since I was probably 4, that I have a smaller bladder than my family members. I can't wait long before having an accident. Sometimes as a kid, I would get distracted if I was reading a book or playing with toys, and then when I would notice and get up to walk, it was too late. But um as far as like dealing with work, I would say when I was 19, I started wearing pantyliners for bladder leaks because I worked in a daycare. I barely would get a chance to go and then I'd have to wait and ...so it felt easier to wear something just in case. As far as nighttime, I don't wear anything because most nights I'm dry and fine. Except when I have nightmares, I usually wake up before I'm about to wet my bed and run to the bathroom or I wake up in the middle and finish in the bathroom. I don't have nightmares often so I just don't wear anything extra. Sorry if that was long-winded. I haven't been diagnosed with incontinence. My doctor just told me I don't drink enough water. Which is part of why I don't drink a lot of water at once because I'm always paranoid that I'm going to have an accident. That and I always feel embarrassed being the only one that has to go when no one else does or everyone looking at me walk out the room, classroom, office, etc. I still feel uncomfortable telling people when I have to go but I think part of that is social anxiety. I always end up sounding like I'm 4 again. I hate that

@MAM I tried tofranil, which is a tricyclic antidepressant, but felt agitated and angry, which isn’t like me. I’ve also tried oxybutinin which did help to reduce leakage, but I really struggled with overheating during physical exertion (My face would get really red and it felt like the heat couldn’t leave my body and was prickling the surface of my skin) and dry mouth. I don’t like the leaking but I prefer it to those side effects.

MAM said:
I was on it for only 10 days... I hope I am not at a huge risk :/

I hope the same for you! However, the literature and videos I saw warned me that even a single pill had the potential to be a problem during eye surgery.

Just try to remember it the rest of your life, and don't forget to tell your eye surgeon if you ever have to have cataract surgery. They have some drops they say will counteract the Tamsulosin.

jl888 said:
I am sorry, I had to change my depends today in public. Found a one person restroom at CVS and had the brief rolled up in my pocket

I know it’s an awkward trade off but you may want to consider tape on briefs for day time use to help minimize or avoid those situations.

I started having real issues at age 32. I tried the depend real fit fir day use and found its ok for short duration situations where you know there’s gonna be restrooms close or if you want some discreetness under a tighter fitting pair of pants but honestly with that level of issue, i found that tabbed briefs were a game changer. I could go about my day for several hours and not worry. Sometimes I made it to the restroom sometimes not but being able to go from say 7 or 8 am to the early evening with only maybe one change, if that, was nice.