New to this incontinence

Archives1

Staff member
I was just diagnosed with incontinence. 1. What products work best for daytime in the construction field.

2. Should I be wearing waterproof briefs to help with leakage?

3. What should I wear to bed to prevent leakage and light peeing?

Thanks
Tom

Hi, Tom.
Welcome. I also do construction work. What type of construction do you do? And also, each day for me is different. The reason I ask is if you build residential homes or skyscrapers is a completely different situation. Highrise construction is totally different from residential, obviously. Porta potties are a long way away from highrise construction.
I do residential work, so not so much.
Also, how urgent is your issue? Just leaking or urgent full voids? It's a big difference and different products perform different.
My preferred products are Tranquility ATN's for daytime (I know they call them "All Through the Night". I call them hopefully through the day.) They are pretty good though, and discrete. They do work well for overnight to if your issues aren't too bad.
Overnight, I prefer Abena Abri-form M4. Don't know what your size is, maybe you would need L4?
All I can say is, don't give up or give in. Incontinence is no reason to stay at home "chained to a toilet" or be out in society with wet pants. Do not quit. Keep living your life and remain vital. It does get better. I actually had a relatively easy time accepting this, but I've always been a pretty pragmatic person too.
Reach out if you need to. Welcome.

Thank You for responding. I have a residential remodeling company.

I have both leakage and urgent voids. Is the tranquility a diaper? My biggest problem is nighttime when I have small urgent voids. I wake up wet. I’m using guards right now and guards during the day,

What is m4? L4? I’m a 32 waist.

My wife and I laugh about it and joke so I won’t give in and will always live my life

Hi TomRey,

M4 is sizing of abena diapers and they are my go to during the day/ night. M=medium. L=Large lol. At a 32 waist you are probably a medium off hand as that is the same size waist as myself and I wear m4’s.

I hope you find something that works for you. And maybe it will be relieving once you find something that works as you may find you aren’t as so up tight about worrying am I going to leak or not. Once I just accepted I needed to wear full diapers I was shocked how much simpler my life got as I didn’t realize how stressful it was for me prior.

Wish you luck. And any questions please come back here and ask. All the best.

Cheers

Jason

For pull-ups, abena abriflex are probably the best. For tape-ons the Seni brand is really nice, cloth backed. For plastic backed, the incontrol brand holds up the best.

Abena does make good products. You can also try reaching to xpmedical.com or northshorecare.com Both provide great products for the spectrum of needs, have good staff to help you privately talk about them and pricing is pretty much the best you will find most days.

I had done some construction work and as spicewerx said different days call for different products. I hate to say you have to play around to find what works best for you. Wearing a heavy tool belt always pulls on my pants and makes presentation of underwear a guarantee. I now have suspenders that help for that. I still wear a onesie (snap crotch shirt) to prevent that.

I would add that, as you will be moving around a lot in your work, it will help to wear a pair of regular underwear (briefs, not boxers) to hold everything in place. I do this all the time; if I don't, I find the padding comes apart, and also, sagging becomes an issue, especially when the brief is wet and heavy.

@jeffswet
Yes, definitely. I always wear a regular cotton pullup brief over. Keeps things quiet, since I always wear plastic backed.
@TomRey
That's the other thing I didn't mention. Considering the occupation, I really actually prefer diaper style. Easy to change. Plastic backed is a little rough in the Summer heat, but way less prone to leak.
If you pull an enclosed construction trailer, maybe make an enclosed "private space" in the front corner to discreetly change in, if you need to. Nobody would ever realize it.
At least you can still keep doing what you enjoy for work and keep the bills paid. That's my bottom line.

Tom,
Welcome to the forum. Lots of great resources here.

Answering your questions in order:
1. I use Seni tape on for easy on/off without the need to undress. They are cool in the summer, have a range of absorbency, and are quiet under clothes. Great for an active lifestyle. Changes can be done quick, and they’re pretty slim, so no one’s the wiser.

2. I recommend a cover like the Gary active brief to conceal and prevent leaks. Don’t get me wrong, these will leak , but usually give you time to change before wetness makes it to jeans. They’re also breathable and feel similar to brief underwear when worn with a tape on that’s thinner.

3. If you’re lighter at night and not losing a full bladder, the same Seni will work. If you’re heavier at night, I’d look for something more absorbent. Lots here like Northshore, Betterdry, Confidry 24/7, and similar plastic backed.

Good luck and after a while, you don’t really notice it anymore. Plenty of other things in life to worry about.