Need recommendations for adult diapers for senior female

Archives1

Staff member
Hi, my mom is 87 years old with severe incontinence. She also has dementia. She's been wearing Depends pullups with a pad on top of them but is now starting to have accidents everyday where the whole back of her pants will be wet,I need to find something that will protect her better and decrease odor if she has an accident. I'd appreciate any suggestions that work well and aren't difficult for her to get in and out of. Thanks so much.

Hi @Harpeggio;

Welcome to the NAFC. I would recommend reaching out to Northshore Care or visiting a local medical supply store. They typically offer a better variety of products that would suit your mother's needs.

I've found Tranquility products work for myself with Overactive Bladder Syndrome - and from knowledge on there overnight products - I would try there daytime or nightime pull ons if your looking for something that is discreet and more absorbent.

Your mother's dignity is first priority - and as someone who has experienced loved ones with dimentia/Altzheimerz (at a very young age) I know how hard it is to see people you love - struggle with cognitive issues. Always remember - she is still your mother and is the same person she was without the condition.

Wishing you all the best.

Blessings In Christ,
Honeeecombs

I am fully incontinent and diapered 24/7 and the diaper I am currently using is the Abena Abriform L4

Honeeecombs said:
Hi @Harpeggio;

Welcome to the NAFC. I would recommend reaching out to Northshore Care or visiting a local medical supply store. They typically offer a better variety of products that would suit your mother's needs.

I've found Tranquility products work for myself with Overactive Bladder Syndrome - and from knowledge on there overnight products - I would try there daytime or nightime pull ons if your looking for something that is discreet and more absorbent.

Your mother's dignity is first priority - and as someone who has experienced loved ones with dimentia/Altzheimerz (at a very young age) I know how hard it is to see people you love - struggle with cognitive issues. Always remember - she is still your mother and is the same person she was without the condition.

Wishing you all the best.

Blessings In Christ,
Honeeecombs

Thank you for your kind words. I agree that my mom's dignity is paramount, which I why I'm trying to find ways to best help her. It's challenging when she gets annoyed because she's totally wet but then doesn't want to change, which is why I'm trying to find products that are more effective. I appreciate your suggestions.