MYRBETRIQ and Botox

Archives1

Staff member
Any experience with MYRBETRIQ followed by Botox injections in the bladder to control increasing incontinence? I’m two weeks in, and my flow has reduced from 31+ ounces/day to less than 16 ounces most days.

I found with the Myrbetriq I have a lot of retention issues. I usually have to catch after peeing. I have very high post void residuals. Better than wetting my pants though

For me, Solifenacin (an older OAB medicine - VESIcare) worked better than Myrbetriq.

It may have been that I was prescribed Solifenacin first (reduced leakage from 30 down to 20 ounces).

Myrbetriq was added later and reduced the leakage by 2 ounces per day which did not seem worth the $45 co-pay and addition of yet another medicine.

I'm on Myrbetriq, and I get botox injections in my bladder every four months or so.

The Myrbetriq helps reduce spasms as I get to the end of my botox cycle. I've never tried to quantify how much it helps, but I seem to have fewer spasms, and therefore less pain, when I'm on it.

Botox helps tremendously with reducing the constant pain and feeling of needing to pee. During the last few weeks before my next botox injections, I'll have increasing bladder pain and spasms, often enough to cause leakage. Those calm down a week or so after botox, and I'm good for a few more months.