My urology nightmare continues

Archives1

Staff member
I inserted a catheter this morning and felt an unusual pain. When I pulled it out I started dripping blood. It seems that the catheter went off course and cut through what is left of my prostate. Has anyone suffered internal damage from a catheter? If so, how long did it take to heal? Cheers Phil

Sorry to hear that, I’m always worried that could happen. I hope it is something you can resolve quickly.

Only a periodic uti.
You definitely need to get that checked ASAP so you don’t end up with sepsis or some other nasty infection. And I though uti’s were bad.
Ouch!
Hang in there and see your doctor ASAP.

@jrpoorman I have already been to the hospital, they sent me home with blood clotting medication, pain killers and extra slippy lubricant to use, as I have to use catheters until the Botox wears off, thanks for your concern, Phil

Certainly is painful. It was also a shock to see blood dripping out. I don't mind other people's blood, but my own makes me feel ill! Phil

So sorry Physlink, you are always so strong it hurts to hear you hurt. Good to know you pursued immediate professional medical help

I know that hurts and the horror you must have felt at first.When I first started cathing I was using cheap catheters because my Medicaid hadn't kicked in yet and one time the eyelets were rough and just scratched my urethra.That was painful and scary enough.I can only imagine your pain.

@LeakyGuy I'm pleased to report that the bleeding has stopped. Now I will have to wait for a while for the damage to heal before having yet another cystoscopy to see if it is all ok. Phil

@Maymay941 almost the first thing they said to me at the hospital was to drink lots of water, cheers Phil