Mn mental help

Archives1

Staff member
So it’s the holiday season and we all know the joy and pain it can bring!! I’m looking for a group type setting for mental therapy in Minnesota. Just wondering if anyone out there knows of one or has a way of finding one? Thank you!!

have you asked at the local hospital if they have any groups.
any community centers in your town might
Ask your GP for reference to mental health professionals locally and ask those counselors
i would think travel to a group might be difficult in a MN winter.
Of course, you can talk in groups like this forum on line but there is no moderator here.
Take a deep breath, organize financially for the holiday and then engage with people who are truly glad to see you, who welcome you just as you are. im thinking frankly, animal shelters NEED and want you. Food distribution and holiday meal providers NEED you. Go where they are glad to see you so the pain is diverted to one side, IF you can. Not to dismiss or diminish that you need to be heard, respected and cared for too. This group is a good place to come for judgementsl support.
We know you are more than the sum of your parts here, good for you Petejc to speak up!

The hospital is a great idea. I know our hospital system in Lee County FL-Lee Health-has support groups for everything. It is great. Good Luck-I know Holidays are hard on those of us alone. One can always check with some churches also. My church let me know about the brain tumor support group. One meets people that have gone through stuff like you have. Keep faith- I will pray for you., Lord please give Peteje some peace and companionship. Please help us all and please us your peace and Love. Amen.

You can also check with your insurance, they should be able to point you in the right direction. You can also find the local crisis line. They can typically give you resource info, even if you are not in a crisis. Otherwise search community mental health and your city. You can also talk to your doctor. Many doctors have therapists in their offices.

Thank you all for your help, I’ve done some research and found a couple groups nearby that I will check out. I also found out I’ll need a new Dr., my current Dr is of no use for help in this matter. It’s probably more the clinics fault than the Dr I’m sure but anyhow, thanks again for the support!!!

Start with Facebook and google. They can always find you support groups. After that, get with AA group leaders, marriage counselors, etc. they also have an inside track to other support groups. It’s how I found my veterans support group outside the VA.

In Minnesota so much depends on your location. If you're near the cities, you will have many choices, in the rural areas your choices will be limited.

You might want to try some of the online services that are sprouting up.

Good Luck.