Medications for Incontinence

Too many to list. Some insurance companies do not cover all, just a few. Doctor's can help you decide which one is best for you. Be advised that they all have side effects, which is why I don't use them.

I recently started Imipramine 25 mg nightly. It has worked great. I had a small amount of leakage throughout the day . I also have the ability to hold my pee much better. If I feel the urge I can wait 15-30 minutes to go. Previously I had to go immediately or I would leak. I have not experienced any side effects with the exception of an occasional dry mouth.

@Walter - Cleaning up my email, and came across this. Does anyone know - because I haven't looked yet - How many of the medications mentioned apply to male and/or female? - Pam

@Kathylp - Haven't looked into it, but I always assume that the side effects are worse than the condition itself. Re, the ever present drug commercials - showing happy, apparently healthy people because they are taking said drug. Fast forward to the end, very quickly telling you the side effects - Oh by the way, including death. - Given how we all watch TV - maybe big pharm is paying the bottom line. - Pam

I'vs been taking Myrbtriq 25mg for incontinence since prostate surgery a couple of years ago. Not only is it very expensive {even with Medicaid insurance} it seems to have stopped working.
I switched to Flomax [Tamsulosin HCl .4mg] but that only works occasionally.
Poking around this website, I see that there is a 50 mg version of Myrbetriq and something called Oxybutinen.

I'd be interested in your experiences.
I'm tired of the soggy crotch syndrome.

John

Keep in mind that many, if not all of these drugs are anti-cholinergics- and have demonstrated links to dementia. I'd rather wear incontinence products and have my mind intact than to have to wear them and not know who I or anyone else is.