Mattress Protector

Archives1

Staff member
We have one of those king size mattresses that the foot and head can be elevated. They recommend a quality mattress protector to not void warranty. When my issues started during radiation treatment I upgraded to the best quality protector that included enhanced waterproof barrier to protect the mattress.

The other night the GoSupreme coupled with Trifecta brief went beyond capacity. I noticed the bottom sheet was wet and the protector was damp too. Neither very much but all needed to be washed. My wife took the protector outside to dry. Almost too big for the dryer and it was a warm sunny day. It was dry so I figured I would put it on. Which I did. A while later my wife sends me a photo that I had installed upside down! I can’t believe I did that!

Good one. Lol.
Try it again.
We have a gueen size bed that also is fully adjustable, foot, head, massage and firmness adjustable.
I don’t recall what brand mattress cover we have, but it fits and stays in place even while adjusting bed to a more upright position.
In addition I have some pads down. That work great. Got them all off of Amazon.

I have an adjustable bed, too, king. I use these, and they easily go all the way across across and over both edges of my bed. I used to use disposable bedpads, but they cost me a lot more money because they just get smashed up and wrinkled all the time so you end up throwing them away, even if they’re not wet. Size: 76”x34”

I also put this Gorilla non-adhesive gripper layer underneath the bedpad to make extra sure it really stays in place (size 24”x20’):

Doing this will protect your REAL mattress protector, which is so expensive and hard to wash/dry (you’re not even supposed to do so or you negate the warranty - read the instructions) that you really need something smaller that’s *made* to be washed and dried repetitively.

It’s an initial investment, but it’s completely worth it. I’ve had mine for three years now and they look and work like they’re brand new.

I use a second thin protector laid crosswise. It’s like a PUL material. s.t. I just wipe it down.

The second protector is placed under the fitted sheet for comfort. So when the sheet gets wet, as they do, I can just wipe down the second protector and only have to wash the sheets, a lot easier.

@snow, thanks for the suggestion to keep it from bunching up! I sewed wings to tuck them under the mattress but the shift over time.

I sleep on a large reusable northshore pad under the fitted sheet. I have not had a leak since I switched to Ecoables.

I also keep my bedpad under my top sheet. Then under that, I have another top sheet and another bed pad underneath that is ready to replace the top one just in case there’s a huge leak (rare these days). I also have other disposable bedpads that I can also just set on top of any leak to help me wait until morning to take the top sheet off until morning.

I'm in a hospital style Alternating Air Mattress type bed. We use a vinyl mattress cover. And disposable bedpads.