Mail Order Contents Clearly Labeled

Archives1

Staff member
Howdy,

I'd like to know about your experiences with mail order
incontinence companies and how their prodcts have been delivered to you.

Specifically, the way these products might be seen and identified by others.

Have you had your mail order incontinence supplies arrive at your home or mail pick up point with the contents clearly ID'd?

It's happened to me twice (not often, I admit), so that's why I'm asking.

Nothing like a case or two of adult diapers marked 'Six Dozen
Incontenence Briefs' or 'DEPENDS Adult Undergarments' in large letters printed on the shipping container. Worst of all, it's
on your doorstep when you arrive home. Maybe it's a named company specializing in catheters, for example, with a quantity and product listed on the wrapper: e.g., Male Urinary Catheters + size + quantity in bold print...and you have to walk away from the mail room with it in hand. Ugh!

What have you done when this happened? Do not most companies advertise discreet shipping using unlabeled, unmarked boxes and wrappers as a courtesy to their customers? Or, is this an extra cost service from some mail order businesses where the standard (default) shipment arrives in the manufacturer labeled boxes or packing?

What are your feelings on this? Embarrassment? Or, isn't it even a concern for you?

I have been using NorthShore for a year and have been very pleased. I use their pull-ups, pads and the comfy dry 24/7. The order arrives within 3 days. I also use the automatic reorder which saves 5%. Their customer service is outstanding! Jim

I also use north shore briefs and they come with very little reference to content. I guess if you know what your looking for you might know the contents but most people would have no idea.

I have had it happen a few times when I order off of Amazon. On the surface it might be embarrassing, but really...who cares? I don't think the FedEx guy really cares what is in the box marked Abena. He just wants to drop it off and go on his way. As far as my neighbors, I doubt they would know what it was unless they also have incontinence issues.

Im sure my trash collector has come across trash bags filled with adult diapers at houses other than mine.

I've had it happen. My initial reaction is embarrassment but then I say $&&@ it to myself. Worst it can do is cause awareness and start a conversation to help combat stigma. Most people won't even say anything, or think twice about it. I was on a washer repair site recently and one of the people on thread was talking nonchalantly about using the machine to wash his diapers. No one made any negative comments, and it did create a short conversation to boost understanding. I don't think people think about it as negatively as we imagine they do.

I've ordered from multiple sources and have never had my privacy compromised. Out of necessity, I've ordered from ABDL companies without issue as well. I'm surprised you had an issue. When cases of my diapers arrive, the original boxes were literally turned inside out and the case then repacked. PM me if I can help.

I have many times. The VA is not always discret. I Don't care anymore.

I know my neighbors know. I had her get my mail while I was out of town and when I returned, I had 2 large cases (clearly marked) on my kitchen counter with my other mail. She never said anything.

I have never had this issue, but I use a new company that has completely changed my ordering experience. The company is Hexa and Co and they have free shipping plus discreet packages. My main goal was a good price and to make sure there was discretion. These guys are the best I have found, by far!

I've had this happen in marked packages and the push in handles punched out for ease of carrying, dropped off to one of my places of employment because the UPS guy knew who I was. Talk about humiliation......couldn't get the stuff out of there fast enough......

That sounds awful! I don't know why every company doesn't do discreet packages. It makes sense with products like these.

The mail/shipping people only want to know if there's perfume or batteries or noxious chemicals or things like that.
Catheters, pull ups, diapers, and etc should be labeled as ######### tracking number, the name of the company, and your name. No shipping declarations need to be made for these things. Packing slip goes inside/the box. That's it! Write company manufacturers and tell them we 35 million people with incontinence demand dignity and this is partly how that can be accomplished.

I get Depends from Costco and there is no external marking as to contents. The case arrives in only 2-3 days from ordering also. I use Express Medical Supply, Inc. for condom catheters, skin prep, Hollister collection bags and tubes. They come in a box that is unmarked as to contents. They have good prices and quick delivery. Orders over $100 have free shipping. www.exmed.net

Glenn

Never been a problem. I don't order samples from companies like Tena or Depend as I'd bet my left arm they'd send them very visibly marked as they care much more about marketing than the users of their products.

I buy cases of BetterDry or Abena diapers at a time and they're always in plain boxes.

I very often get ic supplies which are quite clearly marked; the building knows anyway; and they certainly after these five years know who's making all the dirty adults diapers. And although i certainly value and use confidry 24/7 briefs, each bag is hugely long and heavy. A case is very noticeable.

quote=andy1050]Howdy,

I'd like to know about your experiences with mail order
incontinence companies and how their prodcts have been delivered to you.

Specifically, the way these products might be seen and identified by others.

Have you had your mail order incontinence supplies arrive at your home or mail pick up point with the contents clearly ID'd?

It's happened to me twice (not often, I admit), so that's why I'm asking.

Nothing like a case or two of adult diapers marked 'Six Dozen
Incontenence Briefs' or 'DEPENDS Adult Undergarments' in large letters printed on the shipping container. Worst of all, it's
on your doorstep when you arrive home. Maybe it's a named company specializing in catheters, for example, with a quantity and product listed on the wrapper: e.g., Male Urinary Catheters + size + quantity in bold print...and you have to walk away from the mail room with it in hand. Ugh!

What have you done when this happened? Do not most companies advertise discreet shipping using unlabeled, unmarked boxes and wrappers as a courtesy to their customers? Or, is this an extra cost service from some mail order businesses where the standard (default) shipment arrives in the manufacturer labeled boxes or packing?

What are your feelings on this? Embarrassment? Or, isn't it even a concern for you?[/quote]
69dd9fc04a364b8682f54475b26b8067.jpg

I have had great luck with Northshore as well. Shipping is always fast and discreet. I usually use a product like Attends poly or waistband briefs and I am constantly searching for the best price. Walmart, of all places :), usually has the best price and I will get cases from them and they are not discreet. Having dealt with incontinence for so long I have learned that it doesn't really matter if someone sees the box although I understand peoples reservations.

On a side note... Walmart has outstanding prices on some products but you must use the Walmart Online to get most stuff. You can get it shipped to your closet store for free and pick it up yourself which is more discreet than having a case sit on your front step.

Northshore is a great place to order from. Their prices can be higher but is always delivered discreet. I am 33 now and dealing with this for the last 13 years really started needing them. I just don't care who knows what I get in the mail. Once I got it through my head it's just a medical problem it hasent mattered. I have a few people that know about my issues and I was amazed at their concern.

Absolutely. I don't care anymore. If you want to think less of me, that's your loss.

I get Molicares through the VS and nothing is discrete. I'm only 38 and have come to terms about 8 years ago that it is a medical issue.

I'm not quite at the point where I no longer care about other people seeing packages holding my incontinence products, but I'm not as mortified by the prospect of it as I once was. I guess it just takes time?

Overtime you just stop worrying about that. I no longer care if anyone sees or finds out. It is a part of life and there is nothing to be ashamed of a condition.