Less bulky diaper?

Archives1

Staff member
I’m currently wearing Tranquility ATN. I’m looking for a thinner diaper, but I don’t want to give up plastic backing. I know tranquility makes a slimline brief that I haven’t yet tried. I did try a supreme lite sample from NorthShore last year but I recall it being about the same as the ATN. Does anyone know of other thin plastic diapers?

I’ll change more often but I really would love less bulk.

The slim line Tranquility is good but can't take a big flooding. If you don't have any flooding issues, the slimline will work. I can't help you with any other brands. Being that I have flooding issues, I have to stick with the more bulky brands.

Try the Attends poly backed maybe? Last time I bought them they were pretty worthless for night use bc they were thin. Personally I cant imagine having to wear them in the daytime bc they are super loud but if that's not an issue for you it could be worth a try.

Newbie2this said:
I’m currently wearing Tranquility ATN. I’m looking for a thinner diaper, but I don’t want to give up plastic backing. I know tranquility makes a slimline brief that I haven’t yet tried. I did try a supreme lite sample from NorthShore last year but I recall it being about the same as the ATN. Does anyone know of other thin plastic diapers?

I’ll change more often but I really would love less bulk.
NorthShore Megamax are fairly thin when dry and pretty discreet. As you wet them, they will swell out, burt that is to be expected.

Tranquility diapers are already all thin. I’m not sure there are thinner diapers that have good absorbency.

The Tranquility is not a bad diaper it is already a thinner diaper than most of the more absorbent diapers out there there are thinner plastic-backed diapers out there but you are going sacrifice absorbency for thinness I am afraid anything thinner is garbage

Have you tried the Northshore Supreme tab style diapers?
Those might be thinner than ATN (not sure) but still have good absorbency.

Can't think of it right now but there used to be a site that had a list of diapers and a review of each diaper on it.
Been a few years since I seen the site.

That would be useful for everyone. I saw a review site several years ago by an independent team that was pretty good. Wish companies could post their absorbencies On the packages so folks have an idea What they are buying. Honest absorption capacity rather than just light, medium, or maximum.
Wouldn’t that be nice?

From my reading and experience I find diapers hold 2/3 of the stated capacity that is advertised on the packets of diapers.
This thing with drops and stars I never understand only the actual capacity which only seems to be advertised when you buy online. Not on the actual packets.

Dino said:
No expert on diapers but I find the Id brand a good thin diaper.
I second I.D Slip. I used to use the blue colour ones during the day. They were discreet and thin. They would only take 1 void before needing a change and caught the leakage excellently.

I'd normally recommend NS Lites here but you already tried. They're about as thin as I can go unless I want to change hourly.

The Depends fitted briefs with tabs are plastic again, and pretty thin. They used to be kind of loud though I'm not sure about the current generation. I'd never actually recommend a Depend product though unless your incontinence is quite lite.

Dino said:
From my reading and experience I find diapers hold 2/3 of the stated capacity that is advertised on the packets of diapers.
This thing with drops and stars I never understand only the actual capacity which only seems to be advertised when you buy online. Not on the actual packets.

It's because manufacturers state the ISO capacity. Resellers often do their own "practical usage" capacity tests.