Jobs

Archives1

Staff member
So, more out of curiosity, what dues everyone here do for a living?

For me, I was in the Air Force but lost my job due to my IC. Been interviewing like crazy and I’ve got two promising leads. Made it through two rounds of interviews for each, one at a venture capital firm and another with a group that invests in marinas.

I’m an Executive Producer in entertainment which means I put together teams of creatives to produce entertainment. I make sure their personalities jive well, that everything is done on time, and within budget. I have to have superb multitasking and planning capabilities. I work A LOT. Right not I’m in UT working remotely for my company HQed in LA, CA.

I'm a semi-retired Broadcast Engineer. This job works out well for me as I'm often at mountain top transmitter sites and work alone. So, when it gets time to replace My "Nappie" I don't need to go hide somewhere. But, I always pack back down whatever trash I generate. When I work at the studio it's no problem with a bathroom handy.

Retired 5 years, Certified Assayer/Chemical and Metallurgical lab technician working for one company for 37 years.

I was a Vice President for a government consulting company. We dealt mainly with high tech software and hardware. I also retired from military. I flew on EC135’s with over 7000 hours in the air. I loved it as I got to see a lot of places. I am now retired and own a 20 acre ranch that I work. Well not really work, I love what I do so it is more fun than work.

I was a Primary School Principal. I am now retired but I volunteer in a couple of small schools, doing some staff training. We have a small 32 acre farm and my second son has an organic horticulture business so I help driving the tractor etc. We look after our first grandson on Tuesdays and we are anticipating a second grandson at Christmas. We are currently refurbishing a 200 year old Irish Cottage that was my grandparents and which sat derelict for about 60 years. My wife would like to run an Airbnb. She also teaches, but just two days per week and has a little cut flower business on the farm too. Basically I help out in all of these things so I'm too busy to work. I am currently six months post prostatectomy and have shown some improvement in the last wee while. I manage IC with pads Ok at home, if I'm away for a full day I sometimes use the Conveen system. I try to keep busy. I guess it helps with those "down moments" when you have plenty to keep you occupied.

I was a bookkeeper until my accident. Now 67 but do voluntary work twice a week although depression has kept me from leaving the house of late.

Hey ho as they say

Priest for the last 11 years. Pastoral Assistant for 5 years before that.

I am so sorry about your depression @blissfullyunaware :( I pray it gets better. Volunteer work as you have done usually helps

I was an electrician for a world wide corporation located in Cleveland Ohio USA. Forcibly retired prior to turning 65. Now working part-time at a local big box home improvement store for the past 6+ years. Great job, keeps me busy and out of trouble.
Last year around this time, I got extremely sick, nearly died. My whole body started to shut down, including heart, lungs, kidneys, bladder, and bowels. Spent 3 weeks in hospital, and 3 weeks in rehab. Most everything returned to near normal, except bladder and kidneys. Spent nearly 6 months on dialysis. Kidneys came back enough to get me off dialysis for now. Have to be careful of what I eat and drink. Still bedwet and minimal day wettings.

I am retired from my jobs as librarian and teacher. My present jobs as primary caregiver (with some help from a home health aide)for my disabled husband and not-very-good homemaker do not seem to offer retirement benefits.

Tarlton said:
Priest for the last 11 years. Pastoral Assistant for 5 years before that.

I am so sorry about your depression @blissfullyunaware :( I pray it gets better. Volunteer work as you have done usually helps

Thank you.
One day at a time

I’m winding up a policing career (taking the last of my leave) and work in medical reception now as I chip away at my biomedical science degree.

I am glad that this question was asked. I’m ever-curious about the real people that exist behind these usernames but don’t like to pry.

I was an Insurance Claims Adjustor for 35 years, but I took early retirement in January of this year and have been traveling the US for the past 8 months. Now that I have traveled some and been off work for almost 1 year, thinking of going back to work in 2023.

I worked in IT for over 20 years, then had to leave my job due to a terminal illness in the family. Then I decided to retrain for a job in healthcare where I worked a number of years.

I left my last job earlier this year, mostly due to the added stress and anxiety brought on by Covid. I'm not working currently and still evaluating whether to go back to work part-time after the beginning of the year or make this early retirement.