I've got a wierd one for ya

Archives1

Staff member
So I've been a betwetter on and off my whole life. For a long time I've been dry, but I don't mimd wearing protection anuways just in case. I decided I had been dry long enough to go ahead a chance it by ditching the briefs. That night was not a dry night. So I started wearing protection again, and after a while of being dry I chanced it again and had another wet night. For some reason, wearing protection prevents me from needing it. I thought maybe it was pressure on certain areas, so I switched to regular briefs (whity tighties) and had the same problem, another wet night. So my dilema is wear diapers and not need them, or ditch the protection and ruin the mattress. Anyone else experience this?

That almost sounds psychosomatic. Definitely talk to your doctor about it and maybe consider a shrink.

Sorry. I didn’t mean to be insulting but the fact that you never wet when diapered but do when not so seems to indicate a bigger issue.

I’ve always felt it was just better to be protected even if I didn’t end up needing it. If you’re comfortable in diapers then go ahead and wear them. I think it’s cheap insurance. I don’t think there’s any harm in wearing protection.

Paace,
I've posted a similar note elsewhere, which is to take charge until you figure out the real issue. I encourage you to stop or impede the leak with an external device. I'm using a soft silicone unit with a protrusion that puts pressure on the urethra to appreciably cut down on the leakage. Combine that with a medium liner and you may solve your problem. I have more info, if you are interested. Best wishes. Duane dglisan@comcast.net

I,ve been bed wetting for yrs due to being a diabetic so can,t take chances my wife would be very upset with me.