Isotopic Bladder

Archives1

Staff member
I CIC up to 6 times per day, when my bladder gets crabby, they have me come in and place a Foley. Usually its about monthly for about a week. That seems to keep me going. I'm sure those in here that have this illness, will understand. I don't want to go Foley full time, yet.

Although for some reason my PCP wants a chronic Foley for me. I have discuss this with her, and she said I think for me the Foley will be safer. Trying to wait out this move. Thoughts?

Boom

@jeffswet

clean intermittent catheterization

If you do a search in urology you will find out much more about this.

Here is a search link for you:

@Boomersway

I did self-catheterization for a few months after I had the male urethral sling surgery. The sling worked really well. My urologist said that my bladder had not caught up. So I went from Overactive bladder to lazy bladder.

If you are not getting infections from self-catheterization, then I would choose as you have to keep doing self-catheterization.

I only had to do self-catheterization 4 times daily for 2 weeks, then tapered down the number of times per day.

I was able to create a little kit that fit in a Ziplock snack bag. I used the red rubber catheters, rubber gloves, lube packets, single wipe packets.

@thudson1965 thanks for the comeback, yes, can understand your journey. Personally here I have been using this method over 10 years, so yes I agree CIC is best, but many things can enter in, that being dexterity, eyesight and abilities.

@thudson1965 thank you for your response, personally I quit the red rubber catheters long ago. I use a brand called coloplast 18fr in separate seal packages. They are each lubricated, and slip in easily move of the time. Yes, I will stay with these as long as one can. Will see my urology team next Tuesday.

It does humor me, when I post or others with both incontinence and retention and someone says I have that and I have elected to wear diapers?!! This tells me they have probably not seen a urologist, as if they have retention with their supposedly illness, they would need CIC or Foley. My urologist told me some secrets to tell if one is actually afflictive