Introduction

Archives1

Staff member
Hello,
I'm a 67 year old female who has had increasing problems with incontinence.
I was diagnosed with chf Chronic heart failure 3 years ago and have a fluid restricted diet.
But I still have problems, mostly at night with incontinence.
Anyway I don't really know what else to say other than, Hello :)
I have a few question about bed pads and things that I will address in other areas of the forum.

Glad to meet you!
People here have a big variety of reasons for incontinene. Hopefully you can get some ideas to make night more comfortable it's a plague!

Thank you all,
What a nice welcome :)
Just as an aside, one of the best things about modern tech in my estimation is the way it can bring people from all over the world together. I find that absolutely wonderful.

Ryon, welcome to the most amazing group of friends you’ll ever have. Everyone here understands you and we’re all here to provide help and support. Good luck to you.

Hi Ryon and welcome.

People here have a lot of good information and genuine support to offer.

DON'T hesitate to comment or question.

DO take your time to read and digest past content submitted by members.

Andy

Ryon said:
Thank you all,
What a nice welcome :)
Just as an aside, one of the best things about modern tech in my estimation is the way it can bring people from all over the world together. I find that absolutely wonderful.

Those little flags attached to each entry certainly confirm your 'modern tech' observation.

Andy

@Ryron
Welcome! After 14 years, I concluded that our best solution to incontinence may be the management of what we can not stop. We are all "alike" but "different." I hope you will read what has been posted in various threads and see if you may glean some profitable ideas, and....encouragement.

@Ryron
Welcome! After 14 years, I concluded that our best solution to incontinence may be the management of what we can not stop. We are all "alike" but "different." I hope you will read what has been posted in various threads and see if you can glean some profitable ideas, and....encouragement.

Ryon,
Welcome to the forum. My experience has been that restricting fluid doesn’t always help solve incontinence problems. Sometimes I wonder where it all comes from…

@snow thank you for sharing the bedpad methodology again. Soaked beds are so horrible, so the smart tips and techniques for staying as dry as possible and rapid fix of leaks not completely ruining the sleep is important.
I saw the article was more than 3 years old - have you refined this over time or do you take the same steps today?

@Ryon welcome to the forum - I am a newbie as well.
Wetting is horrible - and waking up in a soaked bed is even worse. I hope you manage and receive good advices.Luckily there are good products available - and they are improving.