Interstim implant

@Allenwe I would say that mine has reduced leaks by about 75%. I still wear protection, but on some days take it off dry.

When I had the interstim trial - I saw improvement in symptoms - unfortunately wasn't able to get the full device implant - but yeah, I would recommend it for someone.

Welcome to the NAFC @Allenwe.

Honeeecombs

Allenwe said:
Has anybody had any success with the Interstim implant for bladder OAB?

I have had great success for many years with my device made by "Medtronic". They also make my heart pacemaker. (I am quite the bionic man now!) :) Before my interstim, I had to get up every 30 minutes during the night and about every hour during the day. Now, at night I can last 3 hours, and during the day I have lasted 4 or more hours!

I always demand general anesthesia. However, you might have better placement results if you can tolerate local.

Consider where you want it implanted. They usually implant the generator somewhere under the skin of the butt, however in my case, I have virtually no fat on my butt, I sleep on my left side, and I wear a heavy CCW belt, so I asked for it to be implanted above the belt line on the right side of my back where I do have some fat. Works for me.

You have the option to choose a rechargeable internal generator - I DO NOT recommend that. The external control devices are rechargeable, and that's fine, because you can plug them in and continue with your day, but you don't want to be forced to sit while the internal device recharges. The battery will last for about 10 years or so depending on how you set it up, and by that time the technology will have improved even more.

Of course, be sure that your surgeon has lots of experience. You don't want to be a Guinea pig.

Be willing to experiment with the settings on your device to get the best results. Also, make sure to contact the sales rep for the manufacturer if you have trouble finding a good setting. They can give you lots of frequencies and amplitudes to play with. It took some time to get mine just right.

May God bless you according to your faith in the Lord!

I've had amazing results. I've had mine for 5 years. Accidents went from 3 times a day to maybe a couple times a year. Highly recommend