Imterstim Update

Archives1

Staff member
Surgery went well.i was up and about the next day with barely any pain.Ive had one accident at night.Im still cathing because my bladder isn't emptying.I see my Dr again next Thursday so he can program my controller so hopefully that helps with the emptying.Ill post more updates whether there's improvements or it gets worse.

From what Mezza jarjar Binks pisted it is definitely a matter of adjustments. Wishing you speedy success!

@wadebailey So glad the surgery went well and your recovery is proceeding as expected. Please keep us informed as your recovery progresses.

@wadebailey

Like MayMay said, my experience has been that I have to change my settings from time-to-time.

* Your doctor may have told you that it may take 2 weeks for you to adjust to a different channel/program. However, I have found that effects of a change are much quicker than that - maybe a day or two.
* Make sure you really understand how to operate that remote control. It's easy to accidentally turn off the internal device. (Hopefully, they have improved the interface of the latest devices.)
* Higher power settings will quickly drain the battery of the internal device, requiring a new implant sooner. (I had to replace mine in only 18 months. They are supposed to last 5 years.)
* If you revisit a previous channel you might get shocked! So, before changing to a different channel I suggest turning the current channel power down. That way when you go back to it later you won't get shocked. Then increase the power slowly from there. Maybe keep notes of what power you were using on a channel before moving to a different one.

May the Lord bless you!

@wadebailey

You are most welcome, but please give thanks to Jesus. I can do nothing without His influence in my life. I pray that you have great success and improvement. I am thankful for His revealing the latest medical ideas to help us to cope with the conditions we have.

I also recently had the "REZUM" procedure to reduce the size of my prostate. (I have a post about that also.) The combination of these two things have really helped me. I used to have get up every 30-45 minutes all night long and almost the same during the day. I am now up to 2 1/2 to 3 hours! 😃 The doctor says healing will continue for another 10 months or so, and I will continue to improve. I still have sudden urgency, but less pain.

Well went to my Imterstim appointment yesterday to have my controller programed and they cut my cathing in half from 4 times a day to once in the morning to once before I go to bed.This new program I haven't had any sudden urges to urinate.Hopefully it stays this way.