I made it!!

Archives1

Staff member
Hey everyone. Just thought I’d let you know I landed in Boston. No issues. I did change when I got here. Wasn’t sure how long we would be in the car. No issues with my Dunkin’ Donuts coffee I had (whew). Let the vacation start!

Great!!! Welcome to the Bay State!!!! Give my regards to Boston and the Cape and Martha's Vineyard!! have a wonderful time!!!

glad you arived safely!. hope their wasn't too much in the way of delays or frustration.

can't wait to hear what you get up to

5212a1f7e6b673517b18531888c6fed0.jpg

Me getting ready to take the ferry to the island

Congratulations! I’m sure I speak for others when I say we are proud of you! I like your beard and ‘stache! Have so much fun!

@snow thanks! I need to trim it. It’s pretty shaggy. Lol

@Gardengirl47 I am. Having such a good time. Picked up my Northshore package (we didn’t get here until after they closed yesterday) so I’m all set with that. We are having pizza tonight for my birthday dinner! And apple pie!

Hi @justej, Happy birthday!!! And I hope it's a great one and a great year to follow!!! Pizza and apple pie, what could be more American than that! There is nothing better than having a birthday while on vacation!! That's like frosting on the 🎂cake!!!

@billliveshere thank you! It was a pretty great birthday. I’m pretty worn out. Been up since 8 and will be getting up early to go to breakfast and go to the beach. Not doing any swimming but I brought along some swimmates diapers but don’t think I’ll use them. My family knows of my incontienence. Hell my parents paid for the ones I got shipped here. I’m really discreet though. Everything is kept in my room and I just carry my clean diaper in with all my clothes in the morning and put the dirty one in 2 plastic bags and then in a scented trash bag. And I just take my backpack when we go out depending on how long we will be out. It’s worked out well so far.

I've been buying "BOS Amazing Odor Sealing Bags" from Amazon to put my used diapers in. They really are amazing and do work to seal in odors. I can get 1 diaper in the medium sized bag. I push the air out, twirl the bag closed and tie it off like a balloon. They work better than the special cans and bag systems I've tried.

Hi @justej, I hope you had a nice day at the beach and that the weather was typically great as it usually is this time of year on the Cape and the islands. I don't know if you've been to MV before or not but as I recall the water there is a little on the cool side but tolerable, especially if it's shallow where you are.
I've only been to MV once and it was my birthday, which is Sept. 19. I went with Ruth, my girlfriend then, and we parked at an outlying lot in Falmouth and took a shuttle bus to the ferry. We were in Vineyard Haven and looked around a bit. After lunch we were in a nice residential area across from the town beach. We paused to figure out where to go next. I stood with a stone wall to my back. I was looking at a map and Ruth started giggling. I felt something solid on my shoulders and I was about to say, "Ruth, I like you too! But what are you doing?" She then said "that cat jumped on you!" I was, "huh? Cat? What cat?" And I looked around and sure enough there was a cat right on my shoulders. It was a nice cat but it jumped off and back onto the top of the wall.
We took the late afternoon ferry back and had dinner in Hyannis. So that's my recollection of Martha's Vineyard!!!