I hope it was not a fluke

Archives1

Staff member
I made it through the night (and still three hours after waking up) dry in normal underwear!!! I forgot to put a guard in, thinking I would try that as a way to get through, even though I have been in some form of a diaper during sleep for a while now. I hope this is not some fluke…

Awesome! Hope this keeps up. Don't be surprised if there are some days that aren't as dry, but hopefully you're getting better week by week, month by month.

fuzzykiwi48 said:
Awesome! Hope this keeps up. Don't be surprised if there are some days that aren't as dry, but hopefully you're getting better week by week, month by month.

I hope so too, and then I can beg the urologist to save my prostate rather than do a radical; cystoscopy to check for the cause of sudden out of the blue incontinence is first, but discussion of a radical has taken place. I know what will happen once the radical happens…

It seems to be like a flip of the switch. Granted I was prescribed Ocybutynin (Ditropan) to “hold me over” until my cystoscopy which is still roughly 2 weeks away…

I am not 100% dry because of a few residual drops after emptying my bladder this afternoon, but at least it is not a random full void. I hope I can ask for an ablation instead of a radical.

One day at a time, though…

😣 I spoke too soon… I felt a spasm while cooking supper, and the next thing is that I had urine soaking my pant legs. There was no time to get to the bathroom at all because there was just one spasm followed by the void within a second. Real bummer!