Hi my name is Mark. 42 years old

Archives1

Staff member
Hello everyone. My name is Mark I’m 42. I deal with urge incontinence. Really I’ve had it most of my life. Talk to doctors about it. It just seems to be something I have to deal with. I have decided to start wearing protection. It’s been a little awkward for me. I am looking forward to meeting people here let me deal with the same issues as me. Hope y’all have a wonderful day.

Not gonna lie, wearing diapers sucks but it could be a whole lot worse. Its easy to say but hard to do, but the only way ive found to deal with it is to just put a diaper on then do whatever youd do in life if you werent wearing one.

All that said, i will give the standard disclaimer, get good medical care, see a urologist, not just a family doc. There are some mitigations like physical therapy that can help depending on your condition.

My insurance doesn't cover incontinence supplies. You should feel lucky even though it's a burden to store that many disposable products.

@Mark1979 Hi Mark, welcome. Hope you are finding the information and connections that you are looking for. All a great group of people here. Very friendly and even better helpful.

For me I do not have incontinence issue but deal with bedwetting. Its been a minor issue since I was a teen when it started.

Take care now and enjoy the group.

JT

Hi Mark, Welcome. I’m in the same boat as a 40-something man with urgency. Obviously, people here understand why you would want/need protection and why it’s hard. What do the doctors say about what’s causing your troubles?

Hi Mark and welcone.
I was in my forties when my OAB got bad enough to make me first try using protection.
In my case I found the sense of security it gave me was liberating: both physically, and from the social anxiety that had come to focus on my bladder.
The key is to find protection that works for your needs and your body shape. Trial and error is essential, and doing the trial at home can save embarassment in case of error.
Wishing you the best.