Help

Archives1

Staff member
Im a 34 year old male who has been a bed wetter my whole life. I have been wearing diapets, plastic pants and sheets and am so ashamed but i cant help it!!! I leak through my duapers in publuc sometimes and dont know what to do, i hate thise thick pladtic kind but there the only ones that work.. i hate this it makez me so sad

Depression is all too common among us. However, learning that we are not alone, that there are tens of millions of us in the USA alone, as evidenced by the shelves in big box stores devoted to incontinence supplies, and learning what we need to do to manage our situation successfully can give our mood a valuable lift. Good luck.

Thank you, it's been difficult and my depression is high at times... I'm just so embarrassed about it and yet I love my diapers, there always making sure I sleep through the night...

Hi Darrell, Thank you for sharing with us and welcome to the forums. I think you will find that this is a safe place to share your thoughts as there are a lot of folks here experiencing the same thing who are super supportive.

Have you tried experimenting with different types of absorbent products? Sometimes even a different fit can do wonders for preventing leaks, and there are products that are specifically designed for bedwetting. HDIS is a good supplier of products and if you call them, they are great at figuring out what products may work best for you and helping you to customize your order. www.hdis.com. They also have sample packs, which can be a nice way to try out different brands and fits without purchasing full packages of each.

Best of luck and please let us know if we can do anything for you!

Darrell,

Have you ever considers wearing a pull-up with an insert? It's more comfortably than a bulky diaper and it seems to work okay for me when I'm out in public.

Darrell, I feel your frustration. I bedwet occasionally but it still gets me depressed and frustrated sometimes. I'm like why can't I get this under control. I've had enusersis since middle school.

I find that I tend to pee the bed more when stressed or over tired. That is also seems to be the time I get the most frustrated about it.

To ground myself I remind myself that it really is no big deal and only a minor inconvenience.

I still get frustrated but know it is not as bad as I make it out to be.

Jay

You might consider washable protection plus plastic pants. Although washables involve a steep up-front cost, over time they are actually cheaper than disposables, and my experience with them is that they offer more secure protection, especially at night.

Sorry you feel so down about it Darrell yet I think most of us here can relate. The problem is we blame ourselves because we feel there must be a way for ME to stop this when actually there is little or nothing WE can do to stop. For me it's a neurogenic bladder, and once I had that diagnosed I finally came to the realization there is not nor ever has been anything I could do to make wetting stop. While the night and day wetting has never ended my attitude has changed to the point I almost feel like I don't wet anymore at all. I just manage it with cloth diapers and plastic pants overnight and good quality diaposables during the day. No big deal and of little concern in my life now.