Got some bad news.. more changes. And good news.

Archives1

Staff member
Well it's official.. next month I am losing my physical therapist and will be moving to the original one that my Gastroenterologist was trying to get me with..the good news is that the original physical therapist uses a lot more technology in their practice so I may get better answers..

Some of the stuff that my physical therapist found so far indicated that I have a very long process ahead of me..she is worried that some of the muscles that I should be able to use are not at all. She personally is working with my gastroenterologist and the new physical therapist to transfer me over month..

I hope everything goes well so I can get righ in with the other physical therapist.

Hello Florida Guy,

I understand the stress that moving from one physical therapist to another one creates. From your description there is good news with the new physical therapist. I'd suggest that you talk with your current physical therapist and see if you can have several joint sessions with her and the new physical therapist. Continuity of your regime is important and a good transition is critical to your recovery.

Please keep the updates coming.

Greensleeves

Sounds like you will have the very thorough PT earnestly teaching the new one and will have more technology to help you

Hi FLGuy, If the new PT is closer to you then that is really good news. And it's good the new one uses more technology in the practice which will be of even more help to you. I like Greensleeve's suggestion to see if you can do joint sessions with the one you have now and the new one for a more seamless continuity of your care.
And of course please keep us posted on what's going on. I think you have a good course laid out for you with your therapy. As always, best of luck! :D

So my current physical therapist is talking directly with both my Gastroenterologist team and my new physical therapist so I am good there. I just hope that Fridays appointment goes well with my gastroenterologist because it is back with the doctor I had a problem with and not the PA-C that was awesome..