Good bye folks

Archives1

Staff member
I have always felt very welcome here even though I'm not from the US. However, the research project just launched makes it clear that views from outside the US are not needed. I will close my account when I can work out how. It has been good exchanging messages with you all, cheers, Phil

Just because the survey is for males in the us it doesnt mean you aren't welcome here or that your views aren't valid. If you base if a person is welcome in that survey you could say females aren't welcome either. Which we know isn't the case. I think you should stay.

Hi physlink the new study is the Danish one?
I dont see that you need to quit this forum as the study is another group.
This is a support chat room HERE.

Yes I can see why you would feel left out too. I am really struggling at the moment and was eager to share my story. Just disappointed.

Why dont you share your story here on the board? You would get lots of support, which you wont get from a silly survey.

Hold on mate! Physlink i asked the admin of this group to address this because i do not think it excludes you here.
Ej hang tough. Its not intended to hurt anyone i wouldn't think

It also excludes women. It is a marketing tool for Coloplast which makes a catheter and leg bag solution. Please don't feel unwanted.

@Squander yes, that makes sense. There doesn't seem to be a close account option anyway. Sorry for engaging keyboard before brain! Hopefully, tomorrow will be a better day.

Dear All,

I am one of the researchers behind the study. I just wanted to say that I am so sorry to hear that some people feel left out, or feel that their story is not valuable. We find ALL your stories VERY important - no matter what gender, age, sexuality, nationalities etc. Our whole aim of the study is to understand and bring forward your opinions and experiences. When working with academic projects however, some limitations are needed, which is also the reason that we initially had this limitation.

We have however, based on this response chosen to open the survey up for all nationalities. We hope that you will be willing to share your story with us.

Please feel free to contact me if you have any questions or comments,

Kind regards,
Marie-Louise

Thank you Marie-Louise!

We echo what Marie-Lousie said - We value all of your stories and in fact, created these message boards for you to share them here and to help support each other on your journeys. Any posting from NAFC about surveys, research projects, or other testing opportunities are secondary to that. We always want to make them available to you, and we value the research done on these topics, but by no means are those our main reason for these boards.

As always, please reach out to us if you have questions. And if you have additional questions about the mens survey, feel free to message Marie-Louise (above) directly, or post your question here.

Thank you!

The National Association For Continence

I find this board provides information and support. I would hope all would feel welcome here. This is a group of people who share common experiences and can share helpful information. Please don't leave.

it is nice to see a study for men for a change granted there is a higher prevalence of incontinence in women than men but it does get to very discouraging that the articles and studies regarding incontinence seem to be all about women and it seems like they forget that men also suffer incontinence thank you

mape14 said:
Dear All,

I am one of the researchers behind the st udy. I just wanted to say that I am so sorry to hear that some people feel left out, or feel that their story is not valuable. We find ALL your stories VERY important - no matter what gender, age, sexuality, nationalities etc. Our whole aim of the study is to understand and bring forward your opinions and experiences. When working with academic projects however, some limitations are needed, which is also the reason that we initially had this limitation.

We have however, based on this response chosen to open the survey up for all nationalities. We hope that you will be willing to share your story with us.

Please feel free to contact me if you have any questions or comments,

Kind regards,
Marie-Louise

I was able to be part of the study and must say they are only in this to help find ways for us to manage our incontinence both physically and mentally and I truly believe they have our BEST interests in mind and all of us will benefit from the study!! I say give them a chance and for your and our sake do t leave the board!!