Golf/Jogging and Urinary Incontinence

Archives1

Staff member
Hello All:

I am a 74 year old male. I had my prostate removed March 29, 2021, about 11 weeks ago. I have had no incontinence at night and very little incontinence during the day if my activity level is low. However when I jog, after about 2 miles, and play golf, I begin to leak, especially getting in and out of the golf cart. I of course wear pads, even during the time I am not very active.

I am seeing a pelvic physical therapist and doing my kegels each day.

I would like to know if this leakage will go away during active periods (jogging and golf) and if anyone else has had this type of problem, and if there are any remedies other than being patient and keep doing kegels.

Nick

I'm sorry but I find golf about as exciting as watching paint dry

you always hear golfers say "I'm in it for the exercise" then the buzz off on their golf carts
ebb493f823415cb32952dfc434f1a132.jpg

I am one month ahead of you and my experience is that it’s true that 3 months is a demarcation line in the recovery process. Ironically I leak less when I’m physically active. I don’t think I’ve ever leaked while playing tennis. Never thought we’d be here did we.

My RP was 3/8/21 and on my 3 month anniversary from surgery it was like someone threw a switch. I’m dry all night and getting better continence during the morning hours. Still see increased leakage in later afternoon

As for physical exercise I’ve been golfing since cleared by doctors to restart physical exercise. I still experience some leakage but seems there is less and less with each passing week.

Can’t say that I won’t get to the point where I don’t leak when physically active but envision the day when a light or is all I need for 18 holes. Okay, maybe one additional pad for the beer after the golf.

Dear Palarino: I am 11 months post RP and my leaking is all but gone. Six months out there was a drastic improvement to the point now that I don't typically wear a pad when I play golf. Keep doing your kegel's on a regular basis. Rayl in Arizona

I'm 72 and 7 months post surgery. I now can get buy without a pad all day, but if I'm out for the day, I will use a pad just in case. As the day come to a close, the muscles get tired and may let you leak. After leaking 6 to 7 pads a day and now 1 pad if I need it. I feel by a year post surgery. I'll be normal again. Keep those keagles going

DPCARE said:
I'm sorry but I find golf about as exciting as watching paint dry

you always hear golfers say "I'm in it for the exercise" then the buzz off on their golf carts
ebb493f823415cb32952dfc434f1a132.jpg

I don't see where anyone asked for YOUR opinion on golf. It was a sincere question that doesn't deserve a snappy retort answer.

Give it a few more weeks, palarino1. Like others have said, three-month mark seems to be a good time to enjoy the improvements. I had 65% of my prostate removed via GLLS on 3-4-21. I'm not back to playing golf due to a recent hernia repair and back issues. Can't wait to get back to the games and my playing buddies when I'm better.

I just had my 3-month follow-up with the surgeon who told me 80% of his patients are dry at 8 weeks, 18% after the first year, and the remaining 2% require surgery to remedy the issue. The speed of recovery is largely dependent upon the health of your bladder going into surgery. Garbage in, garbage out, as they say. I hope to be among the 18%, as at 12 weeks I notice little if any improvement.

according to to the description it's a gag gift

Uroclub Portable Urinal Funny Gag Gift For Men | Guaranteed To Keep You Out Of The Woods | Golf Novelty Gifts

I'm sorry but $44.99 is a pricey gag gift

ThatFLGuy said:
Okay, so this is a real product but considered a novelty/gag gift but hay. If it works it would come in handy.

Ps: Some Youtubers that buy weird stuff and review it bought one once that is the only reason I know this thing exists.

It's the Uroclub. a portable urinal shaped like a golf club.

DPCARE said:
according to to the description it's a gag gift

Uroclub Portable Urinal Funny Gag Gift For Men | Guaranteed To Keep You Out Of The Woods | Golf Novelty Gifts

I'm sorry but $44.99 is a pricey gag gift

ThatFLGuy said:
Okay, so this is a real product but considered a novelty/gag gift but hay. If it works it would come in handy.

Ps: Some Youtubers that buy weird stuff and review it bought one once that is the only reason I know this thing exists.

It's the Uroclub. a portable urinal shaped like a golf club.

Yes, it is a gag gift... But still a real product. O, It was also seen on Shark Tank. (Yea I went down the rabbit hole.)