Flomax prescription.

Archives1

Staff member
Hello everyone. It has been a while since I posted. Hope everyone out here is doing well and enjoying Spring and soon to be Summer again.
I was at the doctors today to find out some issues I'm having. I was tested a few months back for Prostate cancer. It came back negitive. Even though I wear diapers 24/7 now, I am noticing some retention. He told me that I have a start of a benign in larged prostate. We got to talk about it and asked me if I would like a prescription for Flomax. I ask a few questions and told him I'll wait and get back to him. He told me that it messes with your blood pressure. I also take lasik now at 20mg a day which does lower my blood pressure a little bit. I figured I should do more research and see if it's worth taking flomax or not. The reason for this topic is finding out how many of you out here take Flomax. What are your thoughts on it. And how long have you been taking it. Is it worth the side affects that it may give while taking it.

I took Flomax for about 8 months before I gave up on it.It was supposed to slow the urge of needing to go to the bathroom, but never worked for me. Also I have high blood pressure, and it never had any effect on it at all. But that's just me. Good luck my friend.

@JWT, I took Flomax for many years. The only thing it appeared to do was ruin my ability to get an erection.

I assume you know that Lasix makes you pee frequently (and urgently) for up to six hours after you take it. Could that have anything to do with what you're dealing with? I took it to help with fluid retention and I had to stop because of how urgently I had to pee.

Hello I took Flomax for my enlarged prostate though I had cancer. I took it for a few years if I missed a dose or 2 the urge to pee was great but only a few dribbles would come out very uncomfortable, When I took it regularly I could pee but still a weak stream but it did relieve the pressure so for me it was working. I had my R.P. It weighed in at 85 grams. I also have high BP and take meds to lower I never noticed any difference it made on my BP.

Have been off and on Flomax for over 12 years, and on now for maybe 3, my urology PA told me I want you to stay on Flomax. For both pelvic pain, and spasms that will start a truck. So here I'm.

I was put on flomax because of my urge incontinence/frequency. It is suppose to increase the flow caused by BPH. BPH can restrict flow causing urgency. I took it for about 3 weeks and was driving on a highway and coughed and completely lost my sight for a few seconds. I was lucky the road was straight and no one was next to me. I was on blood pressure medication. I stopped the flomax and now understand the reason for the warning of medication and driving. I never had a restriction of flow at this time and it was not causing the urgency. I have had a prostatectomy last September and my pelvic/nerve pain and urinary urge incontinence has got worse.
My nerve is hypersensitive it makes me feel like I have to go all the time and causes muscle pain in the pelvic area for any tension including the sphincter muscles and I have extreme pain when sitting. Relaxing the sphincter muscles lowers the pain.
I think flomax helps people with BPH causing flow restriction but I did not have this and now have no prostate best wishes. Timmy

I have been taking tamsulosin/Flomax for many years for OAB and BPH. It relieves the pain of urgency.

The main side effect that I was concerned about is the risk of "floppy iris syndrome" during eye cataract surgery. I did have this surgery about a year ago and the surgeon was able to compensate for it successfully, without complications.

For me, it has made my eye sensitive to bright light, and difficult to see into shadows when there is bright light nearby.

Just remember that even if you stopped taking it years ago, the risk remains.

JWT,
I take flowmax and calis to help with my BPH.
Probably been on it for 10-15 years. My doctor still recommends that I stay on it regardless of incontinence. It helps control your prostate.
I’ve had no side effects other than good results. I have noticed the difference from using it and not. If I run out and don’t get a prescription soon enough, I have had experienced some BPH flare ups.