flare ups

Archives1

Staff member
Hey guys, it's been a while
Just wanna vent a little cause I've been having some stomach issues and for like the last few months I have had frequent bowel accidents,
Went to the doctors there doesn't seem to be anything wrong, just some indigestion, which has since passed. It's just really difficult at the moment having to change on campus so many times a day.
Don't think I can ever get used to that uncomfortable feeling

The easiest way I manage my bowel incon is watching what I eat and when I eat and stay far far away from sugar.
For example, if I'm on the fasting diet and eat my only meal around dinner time I'll have minimal bowel leakage because there's minimal food in my system. Start with that and adjust accordingly and it's manageable.

@CES97 Is the fasting diet something you designed yourself or a commercial product? Just curious, Phil

No matter how well I think I clean..... well, you guys knowwhat I am talking about. I went to MD for annual, I was embarrassed when he did the prostate exam and gave me a kleenex to wipe away the ky jelly. I told him I had a hard time keeping clean down there. He told me to eat more roughage and walk more.

I stay away from black licorice, raisins, oatmeal raison cookies, fig bars,,, you get the drift.

A couple of years ago I was on a black licorice roll. All those items I mentioned about cause black stools. So does blood. I had a internal bleed and almost no red blood cells. I was so tired all the time and had no interest in anything. My wife insisted I go to the ER, somethign was wrong with me she said.

You know I didn't want to go to the ER, so I went to Walgreens and had my blood pressure checked. The tech said I needed to go to ER. Nope, I went to a walk-in clinic... I spent 4 hours there being prodded and poked. Finally they said I need to go to the ER.

My wife was pretty mad at me... Ok, so finally I went to the ER...and I got right in, no waiting!

I spent 8 days in hospital.

The first night in the hospital the priest came by and gave me 'last rites'....I asked him if he knew something I didn't. I knew I was sick, just didn't know how sick.

I watch my diet. I avoid using public restrooms when possible.

I'm 70---some days I wake up and feel like I can conquer the world, other days I can't make it to the bathroom in time. On the average, I'm doing ok. LOL

I had issues with it a long time ago. I would get sharp cramps then a minute later explode with the runs. Went to see a gastroenterologist. After a bunch of test including an upper GI and colonoscopy. He said i have IBS. Well i needed to find out what what setting it off. It was my diet. For me it was to much greasy foods. I cut back on them and been fine since.

@BigAlofPa I find that raw onions, raw apple, cucumber and cauliflower set me off. For some reason I'm fine with cooked onions and cooked apple.

christy4 It seams to be diet related for a lot of us. Start eliminating different foods. And see how it goes. Maybe it do the trick for you.

physlink said:
@CES97 Is the fasting diet something you designed yourself or a commercial product? Just curious, Phil

It's a good way to maintain weight and minimize bowel issues.

@CES97 I could certainly do with a few less pounds around the middle, I will look out for it, cheers Phil

I suppose I'm a little frustrated because my diet has always been 90% home cooked food. And i havent had and problem with loose stool or anything like that.Just why al of asudden I'm experiencing this I Dont know. And looks like I havent noticed but it seems as though I'm experiencing this with the bladder as well. Like usually I never totally Max out the dry247 but it seems I get pretty close to it now.
Like I finally got a car this semester and it has taken away some of the anxiety i've had of public transport. But at the same time I've already have had some bad leaks recently and the seats are stained. And I hate that feeling of my body deciding "you need to go" and immeditely right then and there. It's just that feeling is frustrating.

Get some chair pads for the car seat. They make washable ones that are stylish. Tuff stuff cleaner works well for the interior. I help my neighbor do detailing and that is what we use to lift stains.

BigAlofPa said:
Get some chair pads for the car seat. They make washable ones that are stylish. Tuff stuff cleaner works well for the interior. I help my neighbor do detailing and that is what we use to lift stains.

Yeah, I got some covers for the seat, and an absorbent type chair pad,
It works out for when I plan they day out, it's just inconvenient if I need to do something in a hurry like for example hitch a ride with someone or longer trips.
There are conferences I really like to attend but at the same time it's pretty stressful.