Extended hospital stay.

Archives1

Staff member
Time to start thinking about packing for my hospital stay. Doctor figured it will be longer than most and that means having enough stuff to get me through tell I come home.

I will likely be in for 7 plus days due to when I go in. Just got to get ready and also have my Ipad with me this time so I have stuff to do.

Are you a big reader? If so, and maybe even if you aren't, you might find that you enjoy writing. Hopefully that will help to pass the time. Praying for you.

@ThatFLGuy - Well, FLGuy, staying in the hospital is definitely no fun, but it sounds like you are trying to phych yourself up for the duration. If you can concentrate, reading would be helpful. But with all the noise, ins and outs for vitals, blood draws, lights on and off etc. nobody sleeps. Maybe books you can listen to with ear buds. - if you are really a good patient, maybe the charge nurse will show you how to turn off the "out of meds" alarm and give you her cell phone number. Being a nice guy with dietary is also helpful, just make sure they write down the extention number on the dry erase board. We all wish you the best. - Pam

All the very best to you. I hope that if you want visitors to keep you occupied, that you will get some.

@ThatFLGuy, Best of luck to you. Not a fun place to be but I hope good results are the outcome. Time to catch up on reading. I am currently reading the complete works of Plato, highly recommend it.