Emsella chair

Archives1

Staff member
Well, this is my update experience with the use of the Emsella chair at the Stay Dry Center in Boca Raton in Fl.
My surgery was on Nov 15th at age 71, turned 72 in march. After surgery i would have a constant dripping anytime i was up and walking around. I used Depend pull ups, and was going through 6 to 7 pullups a day. Fortunately i never really leaked in bed or in my recliner. I started therapy at my Urologist office some 4 weeks post surgery, it was 12 weeks of the use of a tense unit and bio feedback to show isolation of the right muscles used for the keigles. After the 12 weeks i had very little improvement. I continued with my keigles for a few more weeks and reduced my pad count down to 2 or
3 pads. So i decided to try the Esmella chair, that claimed 95% success. It was a 3 week session that was 2 session's a week for $1800. (Wow). I had very little improvement during the 3 weeks and i was told that men typically took 8 session's for improvement. They gave me 4 more session's for $495 and i spread them out over a 3 week period.
After my 8th session i finally had enough improvement not to have to wear a pad the first 1/2of the day.
I completed all sessions and now i can go throughout the day with a minimum of leaks caused by a strong cough, sneeze, or bending a certain way. I 0nly where a light pad now on the days i leak a little more then i liked. I'm hoping with continued keigles with time, i can stop all leaks. So i guess i had a 95% improvement but have to work on it to gain 100%.
As a review, they took the left side of my nerve bundle out with the prostate. I had a Gleason 9 score being the reason. I'm also diabetic. so from review of many on this forum, I'm greatfull that I'm doing better then many at 6 months post surgery.
Hope this helps all that have to indore the aftermath of prostate surgery and good luck to all.
PS, my last two psi were <.1. Thats a good thing.

@Gkudisch

Thank you for the update. Someone in the Facebook group Sex, Love, and Prostate Cancer (link below - closed group - easy to join) is asking about the Emsella Chair.

May I copy your above response to the Facebook group?

Thank you,
Terry