Diapers or pull ups

I have been in the spot, where i am trying to figure out what the top pullups are for me during daytime. There are a lot out there. Parent giving allows you to buy samples for them. I think i ordered 5 different samples for $10 dollars. A lot of companies will send free samples directly as well. I am still filtering down to which style works best for me. So far i have it down to (seni, Tranquility, Abena and northshore). I like Northshore's absorbency, but the sizing seems to be smaller then other brands. I am using Seni, but have had problems of overflow if i flood. That doesn't happen much for me. The key is to have something that is adsorbent and works for you. I noticed you said your wife wants you to. What is her concern? why does she want you to switch.

the changing in public thing was one of the main reasons I switched to diapers. It's just too much of a PITA to do in a bathroom stall, having to remove shoes. My IC is bad enough now that it's moot as I'm not aware of a pullup that will handle my issues.

Regardless, my wife doesn't get a say in how I manage my incontinence. I don't tell her I'd rather she use a tampon than a pad or vice versa and I wouldn't appreciate her telling me what kind of incontinence product to use.

While capacity and function are the most important aspects of an IC product, the convenience of use/change is really up there in terms of importance too as far as making things as easy as possible so you can live the most normal life possible. There's plenty of decently thin/discreet briefs out there if you don't want to wear something too bulky and your IC allows for it.

I'd honestly suggest a talk with her about boundaries....she's probably not trying to be controlling and I'm just assuming she's wanting to help you be more discreet to protect your ego or save you from any embarassment or something, but it's not really ok in my opinion.

Doug said:
Did you ever try one of those penis rings/clamps?

I was told once that they are not good as they restrict blood supply. I have no evidence to support that but it sounds like common sense to me plus I would imagine that it would be very uncomfortable to wear?

I have absolutely no desire to try one of those things! The only thing worse would be wearing a Foley catheter, also something I would in no way choose to use.

One thing you could do is to wear pullups, but keep spare diapers as well as pullups in your changing kit. If you're out and about and need to change in a public restroom, you can make the call to take off shoes and pants if you have enough room and the place is clean, or tear the sides of the old pullup and put on a taped diaper instead of you need to. You get the advantages of pullups most of the time, but the flexibility of taped diapers when you need it.