Define urge

Archives1

Staff member
Define Urge. For all my life I wait for that feeling that my bladders full then I have to go. Now it just goes like, through my P and out without that full feeling.
Happens almost every morning too when I first wake up, it’s like I can’t get up until it starts.

Wearing cheap protection yes, but I also have a damn life.

What are your urges like? The full feeling or does it just start to rush out?

@Woodenbelly I do feel an urge to go, but within a very short period of time the flow starts. I certainly don't get enough time to make it to a bathroom while at work or out of the house, Phil

I am a female and as soon as I get an urge, it starts to go on its own, whitch upsets me. I had botox put in and a bulcking agent in my uretha and that helps some.

I’m going to talk to my urologist about the Botox thing in a few weeks. From all the feedback I have read here from everyone it seems to work for a while. It would be great to stop taking oxybutinin for a while.

Urge--- usually while filling up with gas, finding key to open door, carrying in groceries.

sudden intense need to urinate. try to let a little go to release the pressure..doesn't usually work.

stressful but not overwhelming.

I have urge incontinence. My urges are sudden, very strong feelings that I need to urinate. The intensity of the sensation increases rapidly and can become painful. At some point I begin urinating involuntarily. Once the involuntary urination starts, I often cannot stop until my bladder is empty. A large part of my problem is that I don’t start to feel the need to urinate until a sudden, intense urge strikes. The situation I’ve described is the reason that I wear a high-capacity diaper 24/7.

My urge on a scale from 0-10 comes within a second to 10. I can't hold it and i start urinating immediately. . This happens 12 to 15 times during day and night and there is no way i can make it to the bathroom. Therefore i have to wear diapers, but what stresses me most is the pain that comes along with the urge. It's as if my bladder got hit with a whip every time.

I have always had urge and sometimes there is no stopping it early on that is when wound up with wet pants.

For me, daytime urges can often be sudden and immediately followed by dribbles and if I can't get to a bathroom FAST, I'll totally go in my pants. The urges usually feels like a hard squeeze very low inside my belly and then its so hard to hold on as pee start to come out with the hard squeezes (urges). If more than a few dribbles come out, then its usually too late and I'm totally peeing myself. Its hard.

My urge is exactly the same as Inconinmiss describes. Started suddenly and unexplainably at age 44. It’s been 3+ years now and still figuring it out and attempting various treatments and medications and though I have good days/weeks I’m forced to wear protection 24/7 because it is sooo unpredictable. Next up is Interstim...

My urges are either close to normal, or close to non-existent. My oab is neurological in ,nature (maybe all cases are?) from a head injury, and, like my other symptoms, some days things are worse than others. This is the case with my memory, my sight, headaches, and my bladder control. Nothing is predictable, The interesting thing is that my urges don't hurt anymore. When I feel anything, I tighten my muscles, but that actually triggers the flow. Not tightening my muscles allows the flow. Very frustrating, but in the last 5 or 6 years, as it has become worse, I've come to terms with it. I need protection. End of story. If I didn't accept this, (I thought I had, years before) I wouldn't have been able to work. Or socialize. Or go to class.Or... You fill in the blank. To bring this back to the topic at hand, urge can be very fluid (no pun intended) &we each have to learn , and relearn to read our bodies.

for me the "urge" is just the normal feeling of having to urinate, but rather than building up over time, it's sudden and extreme and often impossible to hold back.

Before my OAB started I could be working or whatever, start feeling like I had to urinate but be able to put it off for a long time, even hours....over that time the feeling would get stronger and stronger until it got to the point where it became imperative that I took care of it....I think that's normal......Now with pretty severe OAB, I can proactively urinate and then a half hour later be struck suddenly with an extreme feeling of having to go....like "oh my god I have to go RIGHT NOW", and then completely fail to make it to the bathroom in time. The time from first feeling the urge to leaking a strong stream is a matter of seconds.....anywhere from 10 seconds to a minute or two. Almost always not enough time to get to a restroom. This happens over and over and over again all day every day.

Mike, you have defined this quite accurately. My symptoms have changed, or evolved, I'm not sure which.but some days it seems like an improvement, and others, I wonder how diminishing urge could be a good thing.