Decreased flow of urination

Archives1

Staff member
I had a radical prostatectomy 9 weeks ago. Due to several complications i had a foley for 7 weeks. 3 daysafter it was removed my sream got very week and i developed a blockage. I had to be re catheterized. The urologist ordered a cystogramwhich came back negative and 3 days ago i was scoped. Everything looked good.no sign of scar tissue or blockage.i was told that it would beunlikely for it to happen again and sent home without the catheter. Now, 3 days later, my stream is slowing down and i feel the symptoms are coming back. Has anyone had a similar experience? And what / how was it managed?

I didn’t have that problem when I had RP in April I would call your dr. If you are on Facebook the prostate cancer group to where you could get answer. Hope you feel better soon

@Dimitri I have definitely heard other men on this forum discussing exactly what you’re talking about. Seems to be a typical reaction. Hopefully they’ll help you here.

Sorry for this explanation being so long.

I had 65% of my prostate removed on March 4. I was catheterized for 5 days and had a UTI 3 days after removal. Then on March 22, I was stricken with septic shock poisoning. I spent two weeks in the hospital receiving IV antibiotics. While in the hospital I had a blockage and was given Xanex to relax muscles and I was able to pee again. Then in late April, I had another blockage, after getting home on April 6. I went to the ER and the doc inserted a straight catheter which released the urine. He then inserted a Foley catheter after the release. The next day I went to my regular urologist. When they removed the catheter, I peed out an object that looked like a very small peach pit (about 8 millimeters long). The urologist probed it and found out it was soft. He determined it was remnants from the March 4 surgery that had congealed in my bladder and had blocked my flow.