Dagnabbit,firsta prostatectomy,now this

Archives1

Staff member
Feb 5 was my radical prostatectomy. Still leaking but is getting better. Then pain in bladder and twice treated for UTI, 3rd time sterile culture so I had a scope 2 days ago. Inflamed lesion in bladder wall, doc said most likely due to infection as a number of infections dont yeild positive culture results, tho he did a wash for cancer. Biopsy if no response to doxycline or if wash is suspicious. Then yesterdau I saw my family doc for chronic fatigue, headaches and he diagnose hi blood pressure AND a-fib and sent me to cardiologist. Was put on Elaquis and a beta blocker. Feel better today and go Wed for ultrasound. Then if no underlying heart problems and no clots the will do electrical conversion. I hate 2020.
Last year i was hiking the mountains, kayaking big rivers and bodybuilding. Folks, dont wait until your 71 to do your bucket list stuff. I have done a lot, but wish I had done more but work got in the way

Doug,

I know that feeling. I'm turning 74 this month. For me it was about 2000 when medical problems started piling on.

Before that, I was able to ride my bicycle 100 miles in a day and running up stairs, etc. My hobby has always been woodworking. I did most of my own handyman work: electrical, plumbing, remodeling.

I could sleep through the night. Now I have trouble getting to sleep, and I am wake frequently due to pain or other issues.

I loved to travel. My last trip was in 1998 to the Middle East (Israel and Egypt). Now traveling is out of the question and my activities are limited.

Regardless, I praise the Lord for all His blessings and all He has allowed me to see and do. He is my Savior, my shelter, and comfort all the time. I would hate to be going through this time in life without Him in my heart.

He is the way, the truth, and the Life. No one comes to the Father except through Him.

May God bless you all!

Thank you Meza. I am a believer but I wish I had your total commitment to Him. Thats why this site is so good.
The one thing I have always said is to make memories, for they are made to be used when one is in a rocking chair.
I think back to last year and the mountain i climbed and the rivers I rowed. It warms my heart...I dont feel cheated except that I am weak in my acceptance of Him.
My cousin has severe parkinsons and he and his wife survive on belief