Cystoscopy

I had my cystoscopy done on June 2nd. Checking why I had 1 drop of blood in my urine over 2 days. Found only slight irritation in my bladder caused by taking xarelto. No cancer found. Test was over in ten minutes. They fill your bladder with a saline solution, similar to what urine is to try to prevent any issues. Doctor suspected a slight strain to my prostate which caused the blood in my urine for those two days, probably caused by lifting something to heavy. All ok fo now. This test is ever so slightly uncomfortable, virtually pain free. Don't worry.

I agree. I had a Cystoscopy done about a year ago. I was very nervous, but it didn’t hurt, just uncomfortable. My urologist had a medical student who watched the whole thing which was weird. The doctor did get my permission first. Now the urodynsmics testing I had a couple of weeks later was an experience I hope to never have again. It also didn’t hurt but was extremely uncomfortable. I was retaining urine and eventually had to get a suprapubic catheter which has made my life much better. Good luck with your test.

I had a cystoscopy a couple of weeks ago. There was some pain as the scope went in but the procedure doesn't last very long.