Condom Catheters

I used them for a month or two after returning to work. I got samples from several companies and used the comfort gel type from I believe Coloplast. And do yourself a favor and trim up the bushes nice and neat before using.

With regards to the issue of sticking to pubic hairs for me the measurements suggested I should use the standard length. However, I tried the shorter length and it worked perfectly well for me and there was less of an issue with trimming.

I got samples from Coveen, had to cut the tube a little shorter. Unfortunately, the tube to the bag came out. Was lucky I was at home and not elsewhere.

Push the tube in hard .. you will feel when it’s reached the limit .. that’s both sides . When we use Condom Catheters we all have to become plumbers in a simple way .. but the end result is worth it .. for me certainly

Flaco said:
I got samples from Coveen, had to cut the tube a little shorter. Unfortunately, the tube to the bag came out. Was lucky I was at home and not elsewhere.
Make sure that you use the adapter if you are using the conveen bag.

Also, don’t let the bag fill up completely. The drain plug will leak if pushed to the limit too many times.

I’ve had some luck with condom catheters. I’m going on a long car trip. Any advice on how to succeed with CC’s when driving/sitting in a vehicle? 3 day trip, 8 hours a day in a pick up truck….

@Mwm1020 I would suggest you wear loose pants (including underwear). Sweatpants always work for me. I drive 3-4 hours twice a week. I have all the rest stops planned. Don’t push how full you let the bag get. Have a backup plan for anything that could go wrong. It is so much easier than trying to do it with depends or pads. Have a good trip!

Thanks for your input, I’m new to using the CC’s. When traveling via car, does the drainage tube always need to be running down hill for the urine to flow into the bag?

Thanks again!

@Mwm1020 Make sure you have practiced with them in your home so you can be sure what to expect when you’re in a different situation. You might want to wear a depends also as a backup. Maybe even wear a pad and have some spares available.

As long as the bag is lower than the your bladder you will be ok. Like all plumbing it runs downhill.

Good luck!

Great advice from Klew 11 . I always wear my outlet tube horizontal with a slight fall into the collection bag . That is because I have a smaller bag in my pocket. I’ve been using CC daily for a couple of years CC have changed my life around IC management . Once you get it right they work perfect . Best of luck with your your trips in the car

Going to try the CC again, have a multiple day project about 2 hours away, prefer not to wear pull ups at a customer facility.