Comfort vs discreetness

Archives1

Staff member
I usually use either pull-ups or cloth backed briefs but I decided to try a plastic diaper and I have found it to be way more comfortable and stay in place better than the other two options. The only thing keeping me from wearing them when I go out is the crinkle noise. I’d rather not advertise my use of adult diapers to everyone.

Anyone else ran into this? Any suggestions?

I use the tranquility overnight pull-up which is too tight around the legs but the next size up is too big plus the thing fits weird. The NorthShore air supreme is my cloth backed diaper and the plastic backed one is the Tramquility atn diaper

Personally I wear betterdry. Its a softer plastic and does not crinkle. However it is a little bulky. I would suggest trying to find another plastic brief that does not crinkle as much. Tranquility used to be a great product but over the years have gone down hill. I have had problems with the tapes breaking and actually sent them samples and they said their testing found them to be defective. Sometimes I would get a brief from tranquility that was soft and other times the plastic crinkled alot.

Try a pair of Garywear diaper cover or vinyl cover to get rid of the noise. Also helps keep minor leaks from happening that sneak past the primary garment.i use those for at work and they make a big difference at my office.

I am with jrpoorman suggestion as I wear garywear pants overtop of plastic briefs and I do not have to worry about the noise or anyone else noticing it.

First: no one heard he crinkle. There is almost always Enough ambient noise to mask the sound.

Second: Cloth backed and pull ups are almost always worthless depending on the type of incontinence you have. They either leak or don’t mask odor well.

You are right spaz. Went out to run arrends today and no one noticed or anything. I just wish the plastic ones had refastensble tapes (not just the second chance ones) I use the Velcro tapes to re adjust after bathroom trips since I make it most of the time. It’s also very hard to put one on in the first place while not being able to move tapes around.

Spaz is definitely right. Too much noise. I just wear jeans or jean shorts and they mask most of the noise anyway. I do notice the wetter they are though they will make more noise especially if they been on for a while. So when I start to hear them it most likely time for a change anyways. Plus remember Newbie2this, no one is listening.

Al

I agree finding a decent product that works and isn't loud was difficult (especially when the wife is a light sleeper) but I primarily use the Unique Wellness Original because they feel more like underwear than a diaper.
As a Vet the VA sends me the Unique Wellness Original, or the Northshore Betterdry and between the two I have no complaints.

**I'd like to add one thing to consider and that is if you flood versus slowly leak non-stop (my case) you'll find that same exact brief reacts completely different.**

You would have to have batts ears to hear a crinkle, especially if you wore a high backed pul from Gary ware. And for bulk nobody cares either, I ware mega max,you can see it in some of my jeans even when dry,nobody is looking and your pants are dry

unless the room you're in is dead silent, others likely can't hear the crinkle....it's on your body so you're super aware of it. I never worry about that anymore. You can wear compression shorts over it too to really help cut the noise down. I did that for nearly a year but stopped as I don't feel it's necessary anymore. I just wear the diaper as my normal underwear. I'm not aware of anyone other than my wife knowing about what I'm wearing under my pants. Bulkiness too is something that people really don't notice unless you have really ill fitting pants or are using really thick booster pads.