Changing pads

Archives1

Staff member
I work in an office with a shared washroom. I'm hoping to go back to work soon after RP but I know I will still be incontinent and using pads. Does anyone have suggestions about how to discretely change pads in a public washroom that is shared with co-workers.

I will go into the stall, with my back to the door, take my pants down, remove the old, bring the new up between my legs, close my legs to hold it somewhat and then affix the tapes. Having your back to the door helps hold it shut, and it provides a little more space to work than being over the toilet.

I always rather do it in a single person room, but sometimes you just have to use a stall and it can be a challenge. One other thing I have is a hook inside of my backpack. I can take that and attach it to the backpack top and then put it over the stall wall. This provides me a place to hold things while I do my business.

If you feel comfortable, you can always speak privately with HR to see if you can make special adjustments within your working space to help you.

I carry a pad and a jewel bag in a zip lock in my back pocket. if you compress the pad and get the air out of the zip lock it is pretty small. I change the pad in a stall put the old pad in the zip lock and than in the jewel bag. that way no one sees the old pad when you throw it out. .

When I have to use public washroom, at my Age 49 I am to the point I don’t care what most think. I do try and do it when there is no one else in the washroom, for sure. even though I say I don’t care what most think carrying a used diaper out to throw away does bother me. So I guess I do care, LOL

I made arrangements with HR to have a small trash can with a foot pedal and a lid put in under the sinks. I use the handicapped stall to remove the old liner, roll it up and then throw it into the can. I keep a package of 48 liners in my bottom desk drawer and then just remove one at a time, sticking it into a back pocket on my way to the washroom. Easy peasy.

In the UK we have Accessible and Disabled toilets so I use them over public toilets. Check if your office have one you can use.