Changing and going....

Archives1

Staff member
I am sure I am not the only person this happens t.
I hate it when I change (bladder incontinent)my diaper and just a few minutes after I feel like I need to go #2. On days off, I tend to hold off on changing after getting up till I have to go, during the week I change as soon as I get up then have the feeling later on in the day right after changing.
Gets frustrating as I wear tape on diapers (Dry 24/7) and am able to lower them but when I pull them back up they don't fit as well.

yeah: this is annoying

especially when the first time you've gone is a lot
but you need to go again just as badly

ugg

Here are a couple of ideas, MarineJohn. First, if you can successfully lower your diaper, when you pull it back into place, a snug fitting pair of waterproof pants (or even regular boxer-brief style underwear) might help to keep the diaper from being too loose. Second, there are several style of tape-on diapers that have pretty effective removable tapes (e.g.: Abena L4). I use the Abena's, and have no problem removing the diaper and re-taping it to restore snugness. Finally, I have incorporated regular enemas into my routine to prevent build up of stool in my colon. This has been a tremendous help in preventing the situation you describe. Hope this helps some!

I agree with btmsupnmd. I have the same issue after I get to work. I use either Megamall or betterdry. It can be difficult and I try to pull them down and back up carefully not stretching them. If I do, they can be redone to fit better one time. Betterdry has a blue second tab that can be undone and then refastened. The mega has a slick landing zone to reset. The megas make a lot of noise when undoing the tapes. A pair of shaping panties help hold it in place. As a man it is a mental challenge to say I wear them but they help. Boy short or boxer types also help with chaffing.

It really depends on the brand of diaper, some have good refastenable tapes and other rip when you try to refasten. Rearz inspire have good refastening tapes and also BetterDry.
Yep, same always when changing it seems to trigger a bowel movement for some strange reason

I have the same issue when I don't plan ahead. The Abena 4 line has the two layer tapes. The challenge is that if you tape the diaper tight (for a good fit) the secondary tape engages the top layer. About 2/3 of the time trying to use the secondary tape tears the top layer. I like the product and find it one of the most cost effective garments.

The most effective method I have come up with is to try to time my morning change with my bowel's usual schedule. This isn't a perfect solution but it does work more than 1/2 of the time. Fortunately, I don't suffer from IBS or other bowel related issues that provide unpredictable events.

I have seen some new pads called Hybrid Elite Inspire Incontrol diapers. They not only have velcro (hook and loop) fastners but also have number system with lines at the waistline so you can pre-tape them and possibly use like a pull up. I have not tried these but they look very good.

I haven't tried them, but I read that they're thick enough to be hard to use during the daytime. Can anyone who's used them compare them to other suoer-absorbent diapers in terms of thickness? I don't want to buy something that I can't use under normal clothes.

most diapers with the dual tabs will allow you to re tighten them after pulling them down and back up. It's not ideal, but I find it's usually workable.

A “quick and dirty” solution is using duck tape to refasten your diaper. I keep it handy for the occasional tear - at the price of diapers, I don’t want to throw one out simply because I’ve torn it when putting it on.