Caffeine

Archives1

Staff member
How does everyone take there caffeine. I used to drink coffee like it was going out of style. i can’t drink it anymore as it make a problem a lot worse but I struggle with staying awake a lot more now. What do y’all do to stay awake

My urologist told me to stay off from caffeine due to it contributing to my bedwetting. Still wet nightly though. Haven't had many daytime urgency issues though in a while. Still slip a soda from time to time.

I've cut caffeine out full stop I only drink caffeine free tea and coffee and most of the time I drink milk or water but I do find it hard to keep a wake

Me I drink 8 cans of Coca-Cola a day minimum.
Its my favorite drink I don't drink alcohol or smoke or any other drugs.

Anything I drink is a case for accidents. Coffee,soda,alcohol,asparagus are the worst. Oh and tea is a big no no, as well as iced drinks of any kind.
Sorry Trucker ,you have to rely on those stay awake pills and eat chocolate. Have a good supply of candy bars and if you are very sleepy,pull over to a rest area and take a quick nap. Thanks for the work you do. Many times truckers have helped me out on the road and forgiven my mistakes.

dr pepper is my drug. litirally, that and coke.. not sure where I'd be without them

I do drink water and try to drink smoothies sometimes

but if I'm not drinking coke or dr pepper, people think I'm ill. lol. that is how much I drink it

Hey Trucker, have you tried Provigil? It has been prescribed for me because the muscle relaxers knock me out at times. It acts like a strong cup of coffee but lasts all day for me. I was created for truckers, 1st Responders & military, but has none of the side effects of amphetamines. I imagine like anything these days it could get addictive, but I’ve been using it only as needed for over 2 years with zero problems. Maybe it can help you, there is a generic as well, I believe it’s called modanifil?
Hope this might help, thanks for being out there every day!

I really only drink three liquids in my life: water, orange juice, and Sprite. I've tried not to drink Sprite before bed though because it does cause me to wet the bed more.

@Sprung87 I’ve also tried Provigil to treat ADHD. I can verify that there’s no “high” with it and it’s far more subtle than something like Adderall. Provigil has an extremely low rate of addiction.

As a teacher, I need caffeine to survive so I just take the inevitable after effects. I have however decreased my caffeine/coffee consumption amount wise and it has helped (it's also helped with my IBS issues). I used to have two bigs cup of coffee in the morning, one big one in the mid-morning and one big one at lunch and was peeing all the time. Now, I have one small one in the morning, a small one in the mid-morning and an energy drink for lunch and have noticed an improvement in my bladder/bowel stuff and don't feel less awake.

I did try those caffeine pills you can buy as a student but found that the alertness felt more artificial than via coffee/drinks and they made me feel pretty rough.

Thank you for the clarification Snow! They offered me Adderall as well which I flushed without even trying it. I have a niece Who is the sweetest, nicest kid you’d proud to introduce to anybody. She suffers from adhd as well as extreme anxiety and some other issues within that spectrum of disorders. After a number years she tried to take herself off of it, and it turned into a complete nightmare! Even under her Doctors guidance she later told me that she was so messed up inside she just wanted to die, she would lay in bed and plan each method over & over. She went as far as planning everything down to her own funeral, just so my Brother & his Wife wouldn’t be inconvenienced. (They love her to death and are wonderful parents)
I know these drugs do help a lot of people, but the manufacturers should be forced to design a program to bring someone off of their creation. In speaking with a top executive at the company, she told me that they would be very interested in doing so, but it would invite such an onslaught of litigation they can’t even touch this topic!
And here the DOJ has failed again to file a single charge against any people within the 6 major companies that are admittedly guilty of knowingly creating the opioid epidemic, while continuing to pocket $Billions with a “B” in profits
Sorry about the rant, but her unnecessary suffering still makes me furious!

Caffeine only in the morning, very limited amount. Sugar can be nearly as bad, especially 2-3 hours before bed. Used to drink coffee all day. I think it's weird, but herbal tea may not be any better, except it's effect goes away faster - including mint tea.

Trucker, protein, such as a hamburger is helpful to some people. As well, a citrus juice- orange, obviously, is supposed to work. And lastly, a prescription to Ritalin might help. If you find something that works for you, will you please pass it along?

Decreasing sugar or carbonation doesn’t change my output. Water makes me pee as often and as urgently as does coca-cola. Caffeine, especially from coffee or tea, definitely, significantly increases my output.

Snow,
I was once told that water needs less processing by our kidneys than (probably) anything else and therefore will go through your system more quickly. I have found that milk, a fruit smoothie or a milk shake will 'stay inside' longer- you know- ike it's supposed to...