Bowel incontinence

@Diaperedtman1988 fortunately it doesn't happen to me very often as I empty my lower bowel each morning before leaving the house using a combination of laxatives and suppositories. When it does happen I just try to change as quickly as possible and dispose of the rubbish as soon as I can, which isn't always easy as I work on the fourth floor of a building and the only dumpster type bins are in the basement.

I have occasional bowel accidents while I sleep due to one of my medications. I take chlorophyll pills.

i work every day 5 days a week. my worst incidents are on my way to work. seems like nothing budges before that. i travel in close proximity to other people and the odor rarely is noitced. thre are many bad drifting odors on a train so i think that others accept it the same way i do. i get to work and clean up and change. i use a deodorant spray that helps to eliminate odor and i enclose the used pullup carefully sprayed and sealed up in a couple plastic bags. it does not stink and at the end of the day (or earlier if i can get out of the building) i dispose of it. i dont like living like this but i have to.

Is bowel incontinence something that happens once you have urinary issues? Seems like many have both and was just wondering if one follows the other. Thanks!

@Kathylp both systems have some muscles and nerves in common, but some people do have problems with one and not the other. This is from a non medical expert! Phil

Kathylp said:
Is bowel incontinence something that happens once you have urinary issues? Seems like many have both and was just wondering if one follows the other. Thanks!
hi Kathy I'm wondering the same thing myself why incontinence started at 22 now I'm starting to have fecal incontinence

Yes, I have both, neurogenic will do that. That is why we all must stick together and love each other.

I agree with you Boomersway there is no shame and wearing a different kind of underwear then a regular person it may be be. a bit embarrassing so we need to work on Breaking the stigma of wearing diapers

I take nullo for the smell and it is a lifesaver. As for dealing with cleanup, well that’s the hard part. If I can’t find a private locking bathroom I will just go home if at all possible. If no private bathroom is available it’s a choice between staying in it or trying to change in a stall. Neither are good options. Basically bowel incontinence is terrible and ruins most times that I leave the house.

With bowel issues, there is nothing that is a great solution. What you need to focus on is what will allow you to escape a situation around people without much attention. When I’m out of the house now I wear a plastic backed brief, waterproof pants over that, and I take nullo daily. With all that if something happens it won’t be immediately obvious. For me, because I have IBS-D the biggest issue is changing because of the mess, which is why I go home if at all possible. Doing all this has drastically reduced embarrassing accidents that used to happen all the time.

There are times I will get a small enema, just to clean out the rectum, and that will sometimes save a accident when out for a while in public.

@Boomersway this is what I try to do with a suppository. Good to know that I'm not the only one, thanks Phil

Sylvia said:
With bowel issues, there is nothing that is a great solution. What you need to focus on is what will allow you to escape a situation around people without much attention. When I’m out of the house now I wear a plastic backed brief, waterproof pants over that, and I take nullo daily. With all that if something happens it won’t be immediately obvious. For me, because I have IBS-D the biggest issue is changing because of the mess, which is why I go home if at all possible. Doing all this has drastically reduced embarrassing accidents that used to happen all the time.

How well does Nutella work for odor? Does it take a long time to start working or is it instant?

I was going to say I hope it didn't come out the other end looking the same way and you mix the two up by accident I'm still waiting on mine to come in the mail and I will let you know how it works