Botox

Archives1

Staff member
My urologist has suggested that I try Botox for bladder spasms. Have any of you tried it and if so, what was your experience?

I had it done and the procedure is simple. You will need someone to drive you home though. My experience was that I couldn’t pee after and then would have over flow incontinence. I ended up with a Foley catheter and leg bag. I still had to wear a leg bag because I would urinate around/past the catheter at times. I couldn’t use the leg bag because they fill quickly and slide down my leg, pulling on the catheter causing a lot of pain. I ended up just draining the Catheter into my diaper. I still use a catheter on and off since they seem to tame the pain of the spasms. I can’t help but try to hold it which makes it painful.

Thanks Spaz. They warned me about the possibility of needing catheters if I can't pee afterwards. I already use a catheter each day to keep my bladder neck open following surgery. I certainly recognise your experience of spasms with a foley catheter in place. like you I now use pads 24/7.

unfortunately, I’ll probably be in diapers for the rest of my life. I’d almost rather have then Botox the muscles that hold it back so I don’t struggle as much. I hope it works for you if you get it done.