BetterDry VS ConfiDry?

Archives1

Staff member
I have used Confidry before but have been using Abena L4's for a while now and I am looking for something with more absorbency as even with a booster the L4 just do enough.. I have never tried betterdry and I am interested it what others think of them vs other products out there.

Betterdry is a goto for me. I like that they do not weep out the top front area like others and at night for me that can be a problem

In my experience Better Drys hold a huge amount but they swell up so much in the front that I don't like to wear them out in public. I'm not normally shy about such things but these bulge so much that it makes even me self-conscious. The older ComfiDrys (which I have quite a supply of) are really great and I think a good compromise between absorbency and discretion. I've heard that the "latest" ComfiDrys aren't as good but I haven't tried them so I really can't say. Although I find both of these brands hold quite a bit more than the Abena L4's and can go 12 hours without leaking my skin generally can't last much more than 8 hours without getting irritated so I don't use them all of the time. As always YMMV.

What is your outake in fluids? I have used Abena L4s before. I do like how they hold up overnight. I have had a few problems with them but not to serious. It was my fault for the problems. The betterdry diapers are good. I tend to not like them do to sizing issues. Great diaper though. I use Tranquility ATN's and comfydry. I also use the ABDL diapers and night when out having a few drinks with the guys. I tend to flood out when sleeping after a bar night. There are a few more diapers that I have tried.

wetdad said:
Betterdry is a goto for me. I like that they do not weep out the top front area like others and at night for me that can be a problem

That is what I have been dealing with in the Abena L4's I use 2 of the abena normal booster as well for night time (Only use the normal because they go in my Abena pull ups well) The issue for me is two fold. Leaking out the top and cost with boosters.

My goal is to stock up some now that I got the stimulus check. I have been keeping some Abena air L4's in my backpack in just in case and they came in need on my trip back from Florida. The thing is that I am finding that I don't eat, or go leave my house during times of the day because I have leaks more once I eat and drink... That has to change but I am very worried after my trip because only my Gary wear pants and a change of cloths saved me on the way home. I truly found out how bad it is to deal with a bad blow out while not at home.

So I guess what I need is better night time stuff and enough emergency stuff for my carry backpack to get through a bad day.

JWT said:
What is your outake in fluids? I have used Abena L4s before. I do like how they hold up overnight. I have had a few problems with them but not to serious. It was my fault for the problems. The betterdry diapers are good. I tend to not like them do to sizing issues. Great diaper though. I use Tranquility ATN's and comfydry. I also use the ABDL diapers and night when out having a few drinks with the guys. I tend to flood out when sleeping after a bar night. There are a few more diapers that I have tried.

My fluid intake is high... My urologist wants me to drink a full liter between 6-9 and then cut liquids after that but It does not work for me as my sleep depends on how my guts feel. The goal is a gallon a day because of all the bowel meds I take and them making dehidrated when I do not take in enough. That makes for a high output at night.

On a normal night I have put out 30+ ounces of liquid. Most mornings I wake up and before even getting out of bed have a bowel accident so then it is shower, dress and take meds before going back the the bathroom. I do time voiding every two hours but still have accidents all the time so.

I use Betterdrys and I can tell you it is one tough diaper. They do swell but absorb like no other and wicking is superior. Plus they control odors very well. I have to use them 24/7 and I go from early morning to late evening and have no leaks. I would recommend wearing a plastic pul pant over them for maximum leak protection.

So I ordered a case of confydry and a pack of the Better dry.. I figured I know how to confydry work and buying a bag of betterdry don't hurt my budget so it I like them I can switch to them mid month when my disability payment comes in.

Please let us know how it goes with the confidry. I stopped using them a while ago due to that they started making them thinner and switched over to betterdry. Years ago they used to be thicker than the abena x plus diapers. They used to be huge.

Daytimes these days Iprefer better dry. They are good for 12+ hours and the elastic waist and deep cuffs inside keep any leaks to a minimum. Yes they do bulge out a good bit in front when very wet but I have no problem with this.

If you don't look for the wetness indicator on the Betterdry than you will have a hard time telling them apart now. The tabs on the Confydry and Betterdry are almost identical. The standing leak guards are similar as well. The Betterdry do seem to swell up more but it was a bad night the first time using them because of everything going on.
The Confydry seem to go up higher in the front and back.

All in all I don't know which one yet I will stick with but will keep switching between the two until I run out of the Betterdry and keep updating my review here.

So after an accident early this morning I can say that I will be switching to Betterdry once I run out of the case of Confydry I have left. (Might order a case of Betterdry just to have both)

That is because I had a real blowout accident early this morning and had a really bad leak lucky my pul pants caught it but having to deal with the clean up and a shower at 3am. sucks.