Being incontinent and transgender

Archives1

Staff member
I don't know if this would be the right place, but I'm having a rough time being both trans and incontinent. I've been in diapers fulltime since I was 15, and just started transitioning last year. Men's clothing seemed to hide my diapers very well, but now I'm having trouble finding cute women's clothing that doesn't make my diapers obvious!

I know nothing about transgender but I am a male in diapers 24/7 and I have issues with my legs I had to give up on wearing jeans a long time ago personally I have found the best pants for me to wear are athletic style pants especially wind pants

I’m trans. (ftm)
I didn’t become incontinent til after I transitioned so I’m not much help. It seems that skirts would be great for concealing diapers.

@justej They can be, when I can wear them, but I can't at work. I work with mentally disabled adults and it's hard enough for them to understand why I'm a girl all of a sudden. I know it's only a matter of time before they discover I wear diapers.

if you're working in a care facility what about scrubs?

DiaperedTransGirl said:
@justej They can be, when I can wear them, but I can't at work. I work with mentally disabled adults and it's hard enough for them to understand why I'm a girl all of a sudden. I know it's only a matter of time before they discover I wear diapers.

Honestly, I don’t think they will care what you wear as long as you are consistent in your care for them. Scrubs sounds like a good idea if they are appropriate for the setting you are in. Good thinking EJ🙂

It's more of a home atmosphere, and I've tried scrubs but they aren't great. I'm hoping some women will comment and give me pointers of things that work for them.

Maybe Kakhis? Or black dress pants if you’re worried about leaks. I wear jeans or carpenter/cargo pants one size too big and wear a belt.

Although if you do the one size up thing I definitely emphasize the belt. I wore a pair of baggy shorts to physical therapy and they fell off in the middle of an exercise. Talk about embarrassing

I get it. You want to look cute and feel pretty. At my previous job serving drinks, I always felt people's eyes checking me out. Because of my OAB and busy no time for a break job, I would mostly wear protection, I took to wearing black leggings with a longish top to hide the diaper bulge. The rest of me that anyone could see was I guess cute. LOL, at least I thought so.

@melanie It was nice during winter when I could wear big sweaters and layers. I might have to start getting more leggings once it starts warming up. Being a girl is so much more complicated than I expected,then throw in puberty hormones and wet diapers on top of already feeling self conscious!

Just be yourself and find something that works for you. Darker colors obviously work better to hide occasional leaks and any diaper bulk. Throw one of the nice pattern scrub tops on and you should be great they hang down enough that anything under your pants shouldn’t show.

I recently told my employer that I wear diapers I mainly wear at night but when my back is bad I'm in them 24/7 I've always found being honest and open helps in the long run.

I hope this helps

Steve