Bed wetting

Archives1

Staff member
Hello, m 40 years and have bedwetting problem for 4 years now, it stresses me a lot cos my husband doesn't know about it, is not everyday it happens once in 2 months and its embarrassing, is there any help? I went to a Dr last year and she ruled out medical Condition by only taking my urine, she said it could be psychological and I need PSYCHIATRIST.WHEN I was growing up I was bedwetting every day until I was 16 years, pls I need help before my husband find out

@Lostcity Go to a different doctor, preferably a urologist. Sometimes doctors let insurance companies influence their diagnosis.

Unfortunately you are afraid of your husband finding out, that's too bad. Yes an urologist is your best bet for finding out whats going on. I waited way too many years to do that, and the procedure is pretty evasive, but the discovery of my neurogenic bladder was very revealing. I struggled with bedwetting and some daytime leakage my whole life and needing to find a bathroom 15+ times every day. The urologist said your bladder reacts similar to a babies in that the signals from the bladder to the brain don't communicate well, thus the problem. I'm afraid you may not be able to simply fix this by willing it away. Having the extra pressure of trying to hide it from your husband only adds to your stress about it.

@Daco4 is right. Give your husband a chance, he may be more understanding than you think. Especially if a good doctor can back you up.

Andy, I am new to this site and did not notice the flag. You are right. I was just so angered by what her doctor said and reacted immediately. Thank you for setting me straight!

I agree with the rest on finding a urologist, but also I would talk to your husband about this also, and confide that you are trying to find a solution, by seeing a urologist, but also you are wearing protection till then.
Remember most of us on here are incontinent, we are brothers and sisters! Warm hugs
Bommer