Bed wetting and sleeping in shorter intervals

Have you considered a male bedside urinal? You could partially wake use it. They are inexpensive available on line or in stores

Won't work for me unfortunately; takes 20 minutes to a half an hour to fall asleep (I can't just fall asleep like normal people) - so due to my bladder spasms; I wear pajamas and protection to bed. Also, if I have an appointment where I have to get up at a certain time - it typically takes 4 or 5 alarms on my phone to get me out of bed. Unless I wake up on my own in the middle of the night- typically from getting too much sleep the day prior - I sleep deeply all night.

My urologist said that setting alarms isn't worth it in the long run when you live with a bladder condition - kinda gets me down thinking about it.

Take care,
Honeeecombs

Worked for me. I used to just set alarms every 3 hours for years. Not the best way to live but effective when I needed to keep a dry bed.

My prostate was enlarged for a few years before I had it removed completely, and the constriction to my bladder meant that I woke every 55 minutes through the night to empty what I could from my bladder. It was awful. My quality of sleep was non-existent, and I was constantly exhausted every day. But my bed stayed dry.

After my prostate was removed I went from waking 8 times a night to sleeping right through the night. My quality of sleep was good and I woke refreshed. But my bed was wet.

There are pros and cons either way, but in my own case I found that the constant sleep disturbance and subsequent exhaustion impacted my quality of life more adversely than dealing with a wet bed every morning.

As an occasional bedwetter I have not tried this. In theory I guess it could work, but the downside is interrupted sleep. When I do have a wet night I tend to sleep right through to the morning and am not woken up by it. For someone who is awaken by the wetting then the sleep is already being interrupted and this might be a good thing to try.

Honeeecombs said:
Won't work for me unfortunately; takes 20 minutes to a half an hour to fall asleep (I can't just fall asleep like normal people) - so due to my bladder spasms; I wear pajamas and protection to bed. Also, if I have an appointment where I have to get up at a certain time - it typically takes 4 or 5 alarms on my phone to get me out of bed. Unless I wake up on my own in the middle of the night- typically from getting too much sleep the day prior - I sleep deeply all night.

My urologist said that setting alarms isn't worth it in the long run when you live with a bladder condition - kinda gets me down thinking about it.

Take care,
Honeeecombs[/quote

TMI dude. Bladder spasms? Where did you dr google that?

stop oversharing. this isnt yiur personal facebook. gonna see how to block you.

Trip chick there's no need to be disrespectful. Please don't read posts of members of you don't choose to.
And yes bladder spasms are real and apropriate topic along with any other sharing that's get folks through the day.

tripichick said:
TMI dude. Bladder spasms? Where did you dr google that?

stop oversharing. this isnt yiur personal facebook. gonna see how to block you.

Maymay941 said:
Trip chick there's no need to be disrespectful. Please don't read posts of members of you don't choose to.
And yes bladder spasms are real and apropriate topic along with any other sharing that's get folks through the day.

Thank you @Maymay941;

I recieved your message @tripichick. I really don't think that I am oversharing. It's kind of a fact of life - and when you grew up in a culture who previously shamed you for bladder issues as a small child - alot of adults feel the same way, because they feel shunned by others.

It's kind of taboo to talk about - but thats the fault of the society who dont live with what I or we go through.

In regards to bladder spasms; they can be very painful. My urologist is a very smart guy, and is an army veteran - he definetly knows what I'm going through. He gave me free samples of Myrbetriq for a long time which helped - until it stopped working.

I don't have many friends or social outlets - and while I am religious, I don't have a huge social circle - I'm thankful of the people in my life here as they are some of the few people who know what I am going through.

I appreciate you sending me a link to your website - I don't do kegals even though I should do them - I guess thats all I have to say.

Blessings,
Honeeecombs

I have set alarms at night on my phone to wake me up. It helps but I dont rest that well because I take too long going back to sleep.

Are you on any medications that help minimize accidents during your sleep, if not have you requested any from your doctor?

Just what I wrote in another, older thread:

I have to admit that quite soon as my urge incontinence started I also had my struggles in the night. At the beginning I wore some Tena Pants, which were OK during the day, also in bed. But from bad childhood experience I'm really afraid of wetting my bed, so I woke up up to eight times in the night with the slightest urge to pee, got up and back to bed and trying to get back to sleep. After a few days I already remarked my enormous lack of deep sleep and knew that I had to change something - so I switched in the evening to a "real" Diaper (Tena Maxi). Now, knowing that this one does not tend to leak, I found some deeper sleep - but waking up still 3-4 times with the urge, getting up to the bathroom, fiddling with the tapes of the diaper to refasten them afterwards led to the result, that most of my pee anyway went into the diaper before I could use the toilet. So, after re-thinking (and discussing with my wife) I decided just to stay in bed and use my diaper. It took only a few days until I had the routine - if the urge comes - simply to roll on my back, let it go and within shortest time to be back in deep sleep. Maybe some of you think it's embarrassing or strange to do this, but what counts for me is the result - I have enough deep sleep phases and restful nights (and a soaked diaper in the morning...)!